CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

gas pedal sticks

99 eldo

hi caddy people my 99 eldo gas pedal seems to stick when i start it, only when the engine is hot. it happens when, i depress the pedal, and then its fine.my friend told me thatthe throttle body needs a cleaning. is this true. it does not happen when its cold engine. also where can i find out how many 99blue eldos were made for that year. i have that color blue and people always compliment me on the color and how good the car looks. love my caddy thanks guys

I have the same thing, it sticks just momentarily and then releases (kind of pops), discussions with Guru told me that my throttle body plates are probaby dirty, I just brought top engine cleaner from caddy and plan to clean the blades this weekend will advise of outcome. Another symptom is that it will race to 900-950 in drive intermittantly, my guess is the throttle is being held open, Mike

post-3-1083259593.jpg

Early on sailors navigated by the stars at night and the North star became the symbol for finding ones way home. Once you know where the Northstar is you can point your ship in the right direction to get home. So the star became a symbol for finding ones way home or more symbolically even finding ones path in life.

Not sure what year Caddy you are talking about. I know I had the same problem on mine but its and old one 89 seville. If I would smash the gas i notice that my throttle would stick. I could just let off the break and before you know it I going about 40 mph. I would turn the car off and wait mybe a minute or so and still the idle is screaming about 1200 - 1500 rpms. Well i found out that it was the Throttle position sensor holding the throttle open a ways. It this help any I don't know but it could be something to look into.

Mine did the same thing a few years ago. It was still under warranty so I took it to the dealer. They told me it was a "warped throttle body" and needed to be replaced. That didn't make much sense to me but as I said it was warrantied so what the hell. Since then I found this site and now I am sure it just needed cleaning. I guess they could get the General to pay more to R&R the TB than to clean it. Just goes to prove my theory that nobody fixes anything anymore. R&R is the name of the game.

Mine did the same thing a few years ago. It was still under warranty so I took it to the dealer. They told me it was a "warped throttle body" and needed to be replaced. That didn't make much sense to me but as I said it was warrantied so what the hell. Since then I found this site and now I am sure it just needed cleaning. I guess they could get the General to pay more to R&R the TB than to clean it. Just goes to prove my theory that nobody fixes anything anymore. R&R is the name of the game.

:lol: That's a new one....You should have had some fun with them and asked how it got warped. :blink:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived