CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

gas pedal sticks

99 eldo

hi caddy people my 99 eldo gas pedal seems to stick when i start it, only when the engine is hot. it happens when, i depress the pedal, and then its fine.my friend told me thatthe throttle body needs a cleaning. is this true. it does not happen when its cold engine. also where can i find out how many 99blue eldos were made for that year. i have that color blue and people always compliment me on the color and how good the car looks. love my caddy thanks guys

I have the same thing, it sticks just momentarily and then releases (kind of pops), discussions with Guru told me that my throttle body plates are probaby dirty, I just brought top engine cleaner from caddy and plan to clean the blades this weekend will advise of outcome. Another symptom is that it will race to 900-950 in drive intermittantly, my guess is the throttle is being held open, Mike

post-3-1083259593.jpg

Not sure what year Caddy you are talking about. I know I had the same problem on mine but its and old one 89 seville. If I would smash the gas i notice that my throttle would stick. I could just let off the break and before you know it I going about 40 mph. I would turn the car off and wait mybe a minute or so and still the idle is screaming about 1200 - 1500 rpms. Well i found out that it was the Throttle position sensor holding the throttle open a ways. It this help any I don't know but it could be something to look into.

Mine did the same thing a few years ago. It was still under warranty so I took it to the dealer. They told me it was a "warped throttle body" and needed to be replaced. That didn't make much sense to me but as I said it was warrantied so what the hell. Since then I found this site and now I am sure it just needed cleaning. I guess they could get the General to pay more to R&R the TB than to clean it. Just goes to prove my theory that nobody fixes anything anymore. R&R is the name of the game.

Mine did the same thing a few years ago. It was still under warranty so I took it to the dealer. They told me it was a "warped throttle body" and needed to be replaced. That didn't make much sense to me but as I said it was warrantied so what the hell. Since then I found this site and now I am sure it just needed cleaning. I guess they could get the General to pay more to R&R the TB than to clean it. Just goes to prove my theory that nobody fixes anything anymore. R&R is the name of the game.

:lol: That's a new one....You should have had some fun with them and asked how it got warped. :blink:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived