CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tried to solve problem, now won't start!!!

EJPut

A few months ago I was having a severe chugging problem, to make a long story short, I tried everthing, finally checked the FPR it was okay, but noticed that an injector was not hooked up, over time it fell out. I hooked it back up, problem solved. I started to experience the same symptoms about a week ago and figured it was the same problem. Removed intake cover, lifted fuel rail but everything is fine, tested FPR again. I put fuel rail back down and put cover on, secured with the bolts and tried to start car...no luck. The car had no problems starting before I removed the fuel rail, now it doesn't start. What could I have done that is now making the car not start? Somehow the car is not getting gas?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I really need to drive my car tomorrow!!!!

Thanks,

Eric

Shraeder valve is on the fuel rail, looks like a tire valve. You can get a fuel pressure guage at k-mart, walmart, autozone or any parts store.

If the car is firing some then my bet would be the FPR. On my 92 the FPR checked good (no gas leak) but, it was bad anyway. The car would fire but not run. If it is not firing then it probably would be the fuel pump. Check the pressure though.

Archived