CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ha! Hooked myself up 3 years in advance!

cardio-doc

GF's Black/Black 94 SLS was idling at around 2500 RPM - NOT GOOD. Poked around under the hood and felt confident enough to 'throw a part at it' so I picked up a new AC/DELCO ISC (Idle Speed Control) motor for $70. I did this job on my own 94 Concours a few years ago so I was fairly adept at it this time. But darn - I picked up some code after putting it in, and I don't have my old shop manual anymore. So I go to Caddyinfo.com and search the archives for the code (P080) and it comes back that I didn't do the idle learn. Ok, I'll just run a search and see if anyone ever posted that. And lo and behold - I find:

http://caddysearch.netgetgoing.com/mbarchi...id=IMPORT-13015

That was MY OWN POST! I was laughing at that. Sure enough - it worked - got rid of the error code. That was amusing. Guess I owe myself a beer now.

cheers,

~Doc

(formerly known as "Double H")

Hah,

I'll bet your memory came back quick after that one Doc.

Hey, I just bought a new 'vette, and I'll probably want to buy a new set of wheels when I have to replace the current tires. I know that you haven't typically sold 'vette stuff, but let me know if you've got a hook up.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

Ain't it funny, how the mind slips away, Ain't it funny how time slips away, Ain't it funny how the wine sips away. Welcome to short term loss of long term memory, or is it long term loss of short term memory, I forget...

rek

Flyer - a NEW 'Vette?! Wow - congratulations. You do 'fly' through the cars though.

I did sell a slew of 'Vette wheels about 8 or 9 months ago, but I didn't know the market and bought them wrong (paid too much). You can really make out on eBay on 'Vette wheels. Best of luck w/your new ride.

cheers,

~Doc

Archived