CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tires

GOOB

I need suggestions on a good tire for my 93 STS. I will not be doing any racing or extreme driving (although my driving record and ticket count would suggest that I do). Besides the occasional "merge surge" and "pass blast", just normal driving. I am open to all tire suggestions for my particular car. Figured I would start here with the pros.

Is the factory recommended good enough for MY driving style?

Lots of people like Michelins. They are probably the best tire for your car. Goodyears are not as good as the Michelins, but they are almost always on sale and they are a good tire for the price. I pesonally went with Goodyear Regatta 2's since they seemed to be the best value.

I need suggestions on a good tire for my 93 STS.  I will not be doing any racing or extreme driving (although my driving record and ticket count would suggest that I do).  Besides the occasional "merge surge" and "pass blast", just normal driving.  I am open to all tire suggestions for my particular car.  Figured I would start here with the pros. 

Is the factory recommended good enough for MY driving style?

I have Yokohama Avid Touring 215/65/15 on my 93 Deville. The most amazing wet road tire I have ever had and excellent on dry too. I can go from Grandpa to an Andretti sibling in a flash and the tires (on a Deville no less) keep up with me no matter what, plus they won't break the bank.

Michelin XGT Pilot Z4

225x60 16

Excellant control wet or dry.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Michelin XGT Pilot Z4

225x60 16

Excellant control wet or dry.

Ditto, except I have the H4s (speed rated to 130 mph). My SLS is limited to 112mph anyway, although the fastest speed limit around here is only 70 mph anyway, so the speed limiter is no issue anyway. The Pilot line is Michelin's sport tire line, and there are various models, especially the H4 and Z4 (and now the Pilot Sport and Sport A/S). The H4 is going to be the "calmer" version of the Pilot line, with a soft ride while maintaining good balance and adhesion to both wet and dry surfaces. I suspect the H4 is what you're going to be after, since you don't intend on doing a lot of sporty driving. I end up driving pretty sporty anyway, and the H4 tires easily handle anything I give 'em.

I'm now on my second set of H4s. Previous set was replaced at 35-40k miles (don't remember exactly) with plenty of tread left, but one got a sidewall puncture and necessitated the replacement of at least one tire (so I put a whole new set on). I've got 20-30k miles on my current set, with lots of tread left still. I expect 50k miles easily out of these. My driving is 50% city driving, speeds 0-40, and 50% city/Interstate driving above 45 mph.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I run on Michelin X-Ones, couldnt be happier....well probably but I dont have tons of cash. I like these tires great for all weather conditions.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Archived