CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'94-'96 Fleetwood

Grebus

All three years had the LT-1 engine so performance will be the same. The Fleetwood Brougham will have a slightly higher axle ratio which makes for improved performance compared to the base Fleetwood. The '95s had optional chrome wheels for the Brougham option and the outside mirrors were mounted similar to the FWD cars rather than through the door skin.

'95 and '96 had the improved optispark distributor. The '96 had DexCool coolant and a teftlock radio. The front seat lumbar was revised for '96 in the Brougham option - one lumbar vs three in the '93 - '95 models.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks for the info guys. I have been looking for the '95-'96 models mostly, but there is a '94 for sale close to me that I'm going to check out. It has 91,000 miles (a little higher than I had in mind), appears to be in good condition, and the price is in line with blue book. Is there anything in particular I should watch for on Fleetwoods, other than normal used car things?

91,000 miles is not even broken in... ;) Those cars will easily go 300,000 miles.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Since the Woods aren't as sophisticated as the FWD Cadillacs, there is not much to go wrong and, if it does, it is relatively cheap to fix. Basically a reliable RWD with a Chevy LT-1 engine; an Impala SS in a tuxedo.

The Fleetwood has the following specs:

0-60 time is 8.5 seconds.

260 bhp @ 5000 RPM

335 ft-lbs torque @ 2400 RPM

EPA Mileage rating: 17 city 25 highway

The Northstar powered cars have a 0-60 time of about 7.5 seconds.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

When I bought my Seville I, of course, loved the styling; however, I lean towards simplicity (reliability) in my cars, and not the complicated way of doing things. I always wished the Seville had a regular drive train and a simpler engine. I'm just old school in this way.

One day, I discovered the Fleetwoods. They are big....but the look cool and are definitely a Cadillac, and they have the reliability I prefer (even though I haven't had many problems with the SLS).

In my case, to improve the handling, I switched to Impala SS springs, HO front and rear sway bars, and a set of Bilstein stiff shocks and beefier lower rear control arms.

The results are almost amazing...this white whale handles as good as a car 1000 pounds lighter. It is a joy to drive, plus is easy to work on.

If you are a Cadillac man and think like this, consider a Fleetwood for the 2nd car.

Being basically a longer Impala SS, there are a ton of aftermarket parts, numerous websites, etc., since the SS has a lot of loyal followers.

The Fleetwood has the following specs:

0-60 time is 8.5 seconds.

That's with the standard 2.56:1 final drive ratio. It's well under 8 seconds with the V4P package (3.42:1).

'95 and '96 had the improved optispark distributor. The '96 had DexCool coolant and a teftlock radio. The front seat lumbar was revised for '96 in the Brougham option - one lumbar vs three in the '93 - '95 models.

I believe all the 1994-96 B/D cars had vented Optisparks - not so for the F-cars.

The '95s have a single element lumbar adjustment.

When I bought my Seville I, of course, loved the styling; however, I lean towards simplicity (reliability) in my cars, and not the complicated way of doing things. I always wished the Seville had a regular drive train and a simpler engine. I'm just old school in this way.

One day, I discovered the Fleetwoods. They are big....but the look cool and are definitely a Cadillac, and they have the reliability I prefer (even though I haven't had many problems with the SLS).

In my case, to improve the handling, I switched to Impala SS springs, HO front and rear sway bars, and a set of Bilstein stiff shocks and beefier lower rear control arms.

The results are almost amazing...this white whale handles as good as a car 1000 pounds lighter. It is a joy to drive, plus is easy to work on.

If you are a Cadillac man and think like this, consider a Fleetwood for the 2nd car.

Being basically a longer Impala SS, there are a ton of aftermarket parts, numerous websites, etc., since the SS has a lot of loyal followers.

I bought my '93 FLeetwood new and it has been the best car I've owned. My only regret was not waiting for the '94 model year to get the LT1 engine.

It is a shame that GM dropped those cars from its offering.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived