CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Pulles some Codes

Cupillac

I pulled some codes today and I couldn't find what they meant or maybe I just missed it, but if somebody could help me or direct me to the link with the answers it would be much appreciated.

PZ2471 Current

AC1312 History

PZ1558 History

RF2560 Current

PC0603 History

PCM?

What's the diffrence between the history and current?

How can I reset the codes?

Thanks,

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

when you get to PCM? push up on the fan speed button then it will ask CLEAR CODES? hit the button up again(up is yes down no) then after a couple days see if any codes return and post. I believe history means you had a problem and after 50 cycles of the ignition it clears(i think) and current is happening now

Good Luck Joe <_<

PZ2471 Current interior lamp fault

I've never had interior lights when I open my doors, but this has never bothered and I think I'll leave it that way.

Would any of these codes be related to my passenger power window not going down? It only goes down with the passenger switch, not drivers, but will go up with both.

Thanks

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Guru, does "PZM" really stand for "Body Control Module"? My service manual alluded to that a few places, but it wasn't very clear. Why wouldn't they just use "BCM", like "PCM" for "Powertrain Control Module"?

Cupillac, the driver side switch is probably faulty. This happened on my '97 once before. The driver's switch would no longer operate the right rear window. The switch in that door would, but no longer the "master" switch on the driver door. A trip to the dealer and a new switch (under previous ownership) solved that problem.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Guru, does "PZM" really stand for "Body Control Module"? My service manual alluded to that a few places, but it wasn't very clear. Why wouldn't they just use "BCM", like "PCM" for "Powertrain Control Module"?

Yes, PZM really does stand for body control module. Believe it or not it used to be BCM. I think it was changed in '96 when OBDII came along and the government mandated standardization. Why they went from BCM to PZM BTSOM :lol: Guru may have more insight.

Archived