CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

TCS C1232 History

scottt

I know you guys have been asked about trouble codes until youre ready to break something. I have seen a bunch but I cant identify this one - TCS C1232 History. Its obviously traction control but does anyone know more about it?

Thanx

I don't know but I can tell you that I had an ABS light illuminate on my '92 Deville and I just decided to live with it. Thought being I grew up without ABS and and could live without it for whatever the price was to fix it. Six month later my left wheel bearing started to growl. I replaced the right front wheel bearing and hub assembly myself for $210 (NAPA) and the ABS light went out. The sensor is integral with the hub & bearing assembly and obviously went before the bearing started to get noisy. This may be your problem. If the part was $210 from Napa then I would suspect it woud be about $400 at the dealer plus an hour labor. I would check the connection at the hub first. Pull it, clean it and reseat it just for the hell of it.

If the code is history then it is not a current problem. May be intermitent. Don't worry about it til it returns. What codes are stored when the ABS & Traction lights came back on?

Two and a half hours and three bloody knuckles later and I R & R my left front hub/bearing with the speed control sensor. That seems to have solved my problem and Larry you were right on track - caddy dealer wanted $600-650 to do it. I did for $189 and some blood,sweat and tears. LOL. Thanks for the insight.

Archived