CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Passenger Power Window

Cupillac

Earlier I was taking my car out but my passenger window wasn't working. When I was doing this the headlights would dimmer, and if i kept pressing the button, eventually all my windows didnt work. But after a minute the buttons would work but not the passenger window. It seems and feels like the switch isnt pressing all the way down.

I'm not sure if is just a bad wire or it has to do something with the power to the car because of the headlights?

Thanks

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

sounds like you have a short in the switch or the motor, it has a circuit breaker that is tripping and will reset when it cools down. that is why the dimming and then the not working of all the windows, then comming back after a min.

Jeff

Well my passenger window will not go down from the driver side switch. Electrical problem?

Any Suggestions.

Thanks

-W.Kingdon

Will it go down from the passenger side switch? In the 94 Manual it looks as though the power to the passenger side switch runs through the driver side Power Window Master Switch Assembly.

Are you sure that the motor is ok? The manual will really help you with this one, you should really get the helms manual. It will save you lots of time and money.

Jeff

Yes it will go down with the passenger switch, I assume the motor is ok because all the other windows are fine.

-W.Kingdon

If the window will operate from the passenger switch but not the drivers switch, the motor is obviously ok. The problem is in the drivers switch.

Archived