CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seville 6-lug wheels?!?

Whats up with these rims? :huh: There was never a 6 lug wheel for 2004 Cadillacs was there? :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...1&rd=1&tc=photo

I don't believe I have ever seen this exact style wheel before either. They seem to be priced very reasonable too. Anyone know for sure what year/model they came off of, and are they really 6 lug pattern?

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Don't have a CTS-V in my driveway, but all the pix I have seen show a six lug-nut wheel.

Cannot add anything to the number of "spokes" discussion.

Bruce?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Those are Escalade wheels.

Ahh yes! That is where those wheels are from! Well, they certaily won't fit any of the vehicles he has listed... :o

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

He has them listed correctly. They are a HD limo wheel. Rare....wont fit 99% of the cars out there.

Cadillac just released a armoured Deville also.

The 16" wheels in that auction are first-generation Escalade wheels which are identical to same period GMC Yukon Denali wheels, save for the center caps. They are 6-lug and were only available in chrome on the Escalade. The new for 2002 2nd generation Escalade 17" wheels are the same 6-lug bolt pattern and available in satin/silver finish as well as chrome. All these 6-lug wheels discussed so far fit all 6-lug GMC and Chevrolet trucks and SUV's including Suburban, Sierra, C/K, etc. so long as the vehicle is light-duty which has 6-lugs.

Cadillac is currently offering 6-lug wheels on the CTS-V - I don't know any other vehicle those will fit on because of that particular bolt pattern and offset. Cadillac is also offering 6-lug wheels on the SRX and again - I don't know any other vehicle those will fit because of that particular bolt pattern and offset. Furthermore - not sure if CTS-V and SRX wheels would work with each other, either.

Finally - Logan - the HD (Heavy-Duty) wheels which are you mentioning are in-fact, rather different. The style is very similar to your own DTS wheels but with a much larger hub section because HD wheels are 8-lug. They are available in chrome or painted (sparkle-silver) finish. They are 17" wheels but the center section for the hub is larger because of the 8-lug bolt pattern, so the 'fins' (aka fan-blades) of that particular wheel design which is similar to the DTS wheels, are smaller. Kind of funky to look at an HD wheel right next to a DTS wheel. I'm personally curious if the HD wheels are the same 8-lug bolt pattern as Hummer H2 8-lug wheels, that's my question.

But I hope that the above clears things up a bit.

cheers,

~Doc

post-3-1082811704.gif

Cardiodoc would know for sure. So I buy into his explanation.

There is also a bullet proof version of the Deville out there by GM. Couldnt find a good picture. But, as cardiodoc mentions....it appears to have the heavy 8 lug wheel.

"GM to sell bullet-proof 2004 Cadillac DeVille

Carmaker hasn't set pricing for armored vehicle

Advertisement

By Ed Garsten

Gannett News Service

It's probably more than most people need to make a run to the grocery store, but the 2004 Cadillac Armored DeVille almost guarantees a safe return.

General Motors Corp. will start taking orders in a few days for a bullet-proof Cadillac DeVille limousine that will be capable of withstanding attack from weapons as powerful as a .44 magnum handgun.

"It's security in an insecure world," said GM's Al Gagne, head of the armoring project.

The DeVille goes on sale in January and will be sold nationwide through 22 Cadillac dealerships with specially trained sales staffs, including stores in Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor. GM has not set a sales target, but expects the car to appeal to security-conscious shoppers such as corporate executives, celebrities and government officials.

Buyers' identities will be kept confidential.

Chicago-based Scaletta Moloney Armoring will add armor protection to the DeVille, which is built in Hamtramck. Scaletta also has beefed up other Cadillacs, Lincolns and military vehicles.

Pricing hasn't been announced, but Scaletta chief executive officer Joe Scaletta said armoring typically adds $40,000 to $200,000 to the cost of a car. Unarmored, the DeVille costs about $50,000.

Interest in armored vehicles has accelerated since the 2001 terrorist attacks, he said. "September 11 just made citizens more cognizant of what can happen," he said."

Archived