CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

reception through tint

davedog

I Have Sirus satalite radio, and I figured out a few months ago that contrary to what sirius says, you CAN put the antanna inside the car and not lose any reception. Mine is on the package tray under the rear window - works great and looks alot better than being on the outside on my truck.

now I'm thinking about getting my windows tinted - does anyone know if this will block reception to my satalite antanna? I heard that most tint has metal in it, and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!!!

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

From a practical point of view, you won't know until you try.

Beg, borrow, or buy enough of the tinting material to completely cover your antenna and drive it for a few days as a test.

If you live in an area that receives a strong signal from Sirius, you should not notice any difference in reception. The satellite down-signal pattern delivers high signal levels at lower latitudes (Key West) and lesser signal levels at higher latitudes (Maine).

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

there is window tint, and there is metallic window tint. the metallic obviously insulates better and looks more mirrory. the regular is just a film and doesn't affect phone reception, and very doubtfully satellite radio reception.

well, I guess I need to find some tint......

I hope it doesn't affect it, I really like it INSIDE my car, looks alot better.

I knew there mas non-metallic tint, but it costs more, I'm hoping the metallic tint doesn't have an effect.....

wonder if "Guru" has any ideas..... ;)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

the metallic tint is the more expensive of the two. i had metallic on my 93 deville. was $220. have 30% on my 91 seville, was $120. same place did both, and both have lifetime warranties. i prefer the looks of very light smoke tint rather than mirrory looking stuff too.

Archived