CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stock stereo compatability???

SaltyDawg

I have a 97 Deville with the regular old tape deck. Not the Bose. I want to upgrade to a CD player, but I want to keep it stock. I have already installed 2 line drops (converts the speaker signal to RCA level), 2 amps and some subs. The line drops are in the dash, after the wire harness. So the wire harness is still intact, and the fader still works. I plan on replacing the cabin speakers soon too. In fact, if anyone knows the size of the speakers in the doors, that would be a big help. I would know what to look for. I know they are 6x9's in the back, right? Are the door speakers something I can replace myself, or will airbags blow up in my face if I take off the panels?

On to my main question. I want to replace my factory regular old, non-Bose, tape deck with a factory, regular old, non-Bose, CD player. Do they make these? If so, does anyone know where I can get one? I want the steering wheel controls to work with it. I was going to go after market, but then I decided I would rather keep it all stock. That way it will discourage theives. If there is no Cadillac stock non-Bose cd player for a 97 Deville, is there another GM stock deck that will work? And by work, I mean fit in the dash, fit the wiring harness and also function with the steering wheel controls. I am desperate for that stock look, and functional stock controls. But I am also very desperate for a cd player. MP3 playback would be awesome, but I know that won't happen in a stock deck for my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You may be able to go to Crutchfield.com to find a aftermarket cd mp3 player that will fit in your car as well as finding out exactly what speakers will fit.

As far as factory equiptment I would talk to my local dealer parts department.

Peace, ByStorm

post-3-1082902270.jpg

SaltyDawg,

lkqsavannah and lkq250auto may be the same person. If he's got more than one radio on auction, maybe he has a source . . .

Consider emailing him and asking him to contact you if/when he comes across one for your model year (assuming, of course, that one was available for that year).

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

SaltyDawg,

Also, right here on caddyinfo.com, in the REPAIR, PARTS LINKS section, Bruce links to:

http://www.aatechnologies.com/pmyradios/ca...myradiocadi.htm

They offer "Past Model Year Radios -- CADILLAC." Yours wasn't listed, but it couldn't hurt to contact them.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I would get the factory 12 disc changer that installs in your trunk in seconds (your car is pre-wired) and the head unit will automatically recognize it and it will then work with your current radio and the steering wheel controls.

Max

Yeah, actually I was planning on getting a Neochanger this weekend. It holds 10 disks and it also plays MP3's. It connects to the factory wire too and is controlled with the head unit, without FM modulation (just like a factory changer). I just don't want to have to pull over and get in the trunk everytime I have someone in my car that wants me to play a disk they have with them. I am also looking for a way to add aux inputs so I can put a diskman or something in the center console.

Archived