CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cleaning egg off paint....best way?

theGman

No, I was lucky; a neighbors car got the egg.

Thinking ahead, I thought it would be a good time to ask what is the best way to clean eggs off car paint? I have heard many different ways, but, having read about the tree sap post, and the neighbors car, I figure I'd ask.

Thanks, Paul

My car got egged a few weeks ago. People don't like that I have an sts I think so they do there best to deter me from parking on campus. Good thing I didnt pay much for the car. ANyways, I brought it home and got out the pressure washer figuring this @h!T would come right off. Negetive. I had to scrub it. Quite disturbing.

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Egg is probably the worst thing that can end up on your car, it ranks right up there along side battery acid and cola syrup.

When it's wet, you can do what Larry recommended, using plenty of warm water and soft towels to remove it but expect some damage to the paint since it's very corrosive and starts destroying your paint almost immediately.

When it's dry, expect the worst as it will probably have removed paint from your car down to the bare metal. You can try to remove the dried on egg with VERY WARM water, soaking it thoroughly with soft towels but the protein and the albumin in the egg is the destructive force behind how it works.

Sometimes, making a paste from meat tenderizer (which desolves protein), applying it to the egg and allowing it to work it's way into the protein will loosen the egg and remove it but expect damage to the paint, usually down to the bare metal which will require professional auto body work to restore.

Cpetro45, If this happened while you were at school, do they have security cameras monitoring the parking lots? If they do, get ahold of an attorney TODAY and start an action based on the fact that you want the video tapes for review. Perhaps you will find out who did it and make them pay for it.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

posted by:cpetro45

People don't like that I have an sts I think so they do there best to deter me from parking on campus

Why would people not like you having an STS? Better yet, why would they care?

Some people are jealous.

SOME people????

How about MOST people.

Jealousy in an INSTINCT and as such, it's very hard to control or even recognize in oneself.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

My car was keyed within a week after I bought it. :( A nice long one down the ENTIRE passenger side.

Where I live, someone was attacking new cars, but only if they were owned by a woman. They would use a screwdriver or some sort of sharp strong object and literally punch a hole through the sheet metal of the car.

Sick....AND.....Jealous.

oh yeah, forgot to mention, a month ago, my car got keyed all down the passenger side, this was before the egging. It's great in Philly let me tell you. As far as the jealously is concerned, thats what I was talking about. I go to Drexel in PHiladelphia and there is NO parking. 4 blocks have parking so I have to park in the street and can not move the car from M-Thur. Anyways, this SOB keyed the quarter, both doors, and the fender. It was a nice surprise to come out to after a nice Thursday night when there is excessive drinking on campus. This is when the envy really starts to show. Most college kids have 85 towncars and busted up city cars. Thats what I should have, fortunately, my dad works at a dealership and got a sick deal on the sts, which btw is getting a new*er engine soon. It is definately burning coolant and running way too hot. Everything has already been diagnosed. Due to the help on this board I convinced him I wanted to keep the car and do the engine job. He has an engine sitting in the garage so it won't be that big of a deal.

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

oh yeah, forgot to mention, a month ago, my car got keyed all down the passenger side, this was before the egging. It's great in Philly let me tell you. As far as the jealously is concerned, thats what I was talking about. I go to Drexel in PHiladelphia and there is NO parking. 4 blocks have parking so I have to park in the street and can not move the car from M-Thur. Anyways, this SOB keyed the quarter, both doors, and the fender. It was a nice surprise to come out to after a nice Thursday night when there is excessive drinking on campus. This is when the envy really starts to show. Most college kids have 85 towncars and busted up city cars. Thats what I should have, fortunately, my dad works at a dealership and got a sick deal on the sts, which btw is getting a new*er engine soon. It is definately burning coolant and running way too hot. Everything has already been diagnosed. Due to the help on this board I convinced him I wanted to keep the car and do the engine job. He has an engine sitting in the garage so it won't be that big of a deal.

Why don't you get an ordinary bomb to drive to and from school? Repairing "key jobs" and egg damage is going to cost you a lot more than if you spend a few hundred bucks on a junker that you can use at school.

The thing is, the car has 237000m, the interior is ok, not great, the body and paint were darn good, until of course the keying, but I only paid 1000 for this car, so is it really worth worrying about? My dad has an engine laying around, we're putting that in, so I don't worry about it too much.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

The thing is, the car has 237000m, the interior is ok, not great, the body and paint were darn good, until of course the keying, but I only paid 1000 for this car, so is it really worth worrying about? My dad has an engine laying around, we're putting that in, so I don't worry about it too much.

Chris

You know this about the car and it's history, but the vandals don't.... ;)

Hey,

I guess I was lucky when someone broke my driver window. Keying probably costs alot more to fix. I have been finding glass inside my car now for more than a year. The stuff just keeps shaking out. Oh well.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

Archived