CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bose System

tkjr

Hello,

My rear speakers are distorted when I crank it up. Checked the archives and didn't find exactly what I was looking for, except for alot of people saying how awesome the bose systems are. Leads me to believe something is wrong with mine. I guess the front speakers are ok, there is not any bass coming out of them to distort them. Normal?

I have done some research and was wondering if it sounds like there is a problem with the rear speaker amps and, if so, how can I check the amps to see if they are working properly? Thanks, Tom.

P.S.- Nothing worse than jammin' distorted Rob Zombie, although, to alot of people they probably always sound distorted! :P

I also have a 96 STS with the same problem,for the money to replace the bose in the back. I had 2 12inch MTX 6000's put in and disconected the rear stock bose and i'm loveing it. very loud , very little rattle. and from what i'm hearing the 12inch MTX 6000'S are no longer being made so they are on sale!!!

My rear speakers/amps went to south three years ago I believe because of humidity and condensation accumulating in the trunk. I just disconnected them and lived with front ones, some day they will quite as well. I do not think BOSE is a great system (not because of failed rear speakers and amps).

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I think Bose is really overrated. They are the Mercedes-Benz of speakers. They have a great name, but they are really just overpriced junk. Bose uses really cheap caps and PCB's. That's why the amps fail so much. There are so many better speakers out there. Store stuff like Kenwood and Pioneer are decent, at very least they are more reliable and durable than bose systems. Believe it or not the domestic brands of speakers actually have better reputations than the imports. All the brands are pretty good, just stay away from stinkers like audiovox, sony, or blaupunkt.

Thanks for the replies and here is something that may or may not be related.

Yesterday I was repairing my rear defrost grids. The car was OFF and I was by the rear speakers putting tape on grids when I heard the speakers come on and like a static or kind of humm coming out of both speakers. Not loud, would never had heard it if I wasn't back there. Also have been having trouble with battery being dead if sitting more than about 18 hours without being started. Wondering what could cause speakers to do this? Any clues? Thanks, Tom

BTW, the noise lasted about 1 min. and did it 2 or 3 times in about 2 hrs.

Thanks for the replies and here is something that may or may not be related.

Yesterday I was repairing my rear defrost grids.  The car was OFF and I was by the rear speakers putting tape on grids when I heard the speakers come on and like a static or kind of humm coming out of both speakers.  Not loud,  would never had heard it if I wasn't back there.  Also have been having trouble with battery being dead if sitting more than about 18 hours without being started.  Wondering what could cause speakers to do this? Any clues?  Thanks,  Tom

BTW,  the noise lasted about 1 min. and did it 2 or 3 times in about 2 hrs.

just wanted to get this to the front one time, thanks

Archived