CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

eldorado spoiler

davedog

What do you guys think, should I get one for my eldo?

-it says 95-2002, but would it fit my 92? Seems like it should, I didn't think they made any major body changes from 92-02....

eldospoiler.jpg

THANKS!

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

How many "third brake lights" do you want? The high rake of the Eldo's deck lid doesn't require a spoiler. Half the time I see an aftermarket spoiler, it is so high that it wouldn't provide the downforce because the car can't make it to that speed in the first place! Anything higher than what is offered stock, just increases drag on the car! Besides all this, it is just ugly! How many of us have seen a spoiler with a third brake light, that wasn't wired properly? I've seen more than my share of extra brake lights blinking with the turn signals! Ha! Ha! Why introduce more "gremlins" to a car that has a history of strange tail light snafu's?

I have one on mine. When I bought the car it had the spoiler. I like it. Very rarely do is see Eldorados anyways especially ones with spoilers.

Andrew Morris

Dallas, Texas

1998 Black Eldorado:

full custom Borla exhaust

Custom intake

1500 watt Hifonics amp

3 12inch Boston Acoustic G2 subwoofers

I-pod integrated

18 inch Lexani Krystals with Z-rated tires

E&G classics Billet grill

BMW E36 Angel Eye Headlights

Ported SS heads

Well I definately don't think most people get aftermarket spoilers for the "downforce." That would be rediculous.

Anyways, DAVE.. I think it looks good on Eldorados. You should post pictures afterwards, from different angles.. (Different angles can make things look good or bad in pictures.. bad experience with that one time).

DD, I have one on mine, just like the one in your pic. It like it! It's wired to the HMSL, with no problems. I thought about pulling the bulbs from the HMSL,(just the spoiler for the third light) but haven't done it yet. You'll have to adjust the spring tension(more tension) on the trunk opening springs, as the spoiler adds some weight.

rek

yeah, um, I'm just going for LOOKS here, not airflow for anything. :lol:

Anyway, does anyone know if it will FIT my 1992, the site says it's for 1995-2002 eldorados.....

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Archived