CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Chrysler 300C

One of my engineers is all "hyped-up" about the 300C. He has already driven the V-6 and the Hemi, and is sold on the Hemi. He showed me the brochure and the options, and if you buy a Hemi without going "ape-sh__" on the options, you are looking at anywhere from sticker of $ 34,000, minus $ 1000 to + $ 2000, depending on how fast they are going in your area.

I am somewhat impressed by the price and the lines of the car. I like the look of the 2005 STS much better, but the 300C is probably a better bang-for-the-buck. Obviously, new car buying Caddy purists throw the issue of money out the window. They are both somewhat risky as being a new "platform" design.

I never was a Chrysler fan..., but at least it is American, where my heart, is when it comes to cars...

I must admit, the 300C is looking like a really good deal. If you ask me the 300C is what the 2005 STS should have been. It's even got cylinder deactivation!!! It's where the engine can go from 8 to 4 cylinder operation to save fuel. Chrysler calls it "Multi-Displacement System". I thought GM was working on this. What the heck happened? Not to mention after seeing some 300C's in person, I must say it looks classier than the new STS. The only thing that bothers me about the 300C is Chysler reputation for lousy quality.

I really like the look of the 300c...The only thing I wish that was available is a color matched grill(I dont like chrome) We just got a couple of them in at my local dealer and although I am not in the market to purchase a new car, I would like to drive it. Will have to be a HEMI model-the V6 version will just bore me!! :blink:

I never was a Chrysler fan..., but at least it is American, where my heart, is when it comes to cars...

You mean German-American, right?

Nothing's pure anything anymore. I remember we had a few discussions about tires here, and how some folks bought Goodyears or other brands just because they're American. I never knew it, but the very Goodyear tires in question (RS-A) aren't even made in America -- they're made in Canada, possibly by a Frenchman -- which is the very thing the individual was trying to avoid (by purchasing Goodyear tires). :lol:

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I like the 300c (in 1957). Why did they call it a 300 "C". That is reserved for 1957. Just like D is '58 and E is '59 etc. First, Chrysler makes a 300 M that was nothing reminiscent of the 300 letter cars but at least got the M right. Now they get the car right and put the wrong letter. Those Germans need to do a little research when the name a car.

I like the 300c (in 1957). Why did they call it a 300 "C". That is reserved for 1957. Just like D is '58 and E is '59 etc. First, Chrysler makes a 300 M that was nothing reminiscent of the 300 letter cars but at least got the M right. Now they get the car right and put the wrong letter. Those Germans need to do a little research when the name a car.

I guessing they didnt like the way 300N sounded. I don't like the way it sounds either.

Even back in the good ol' days they didnt always get the letters in order anyway. As you probably know, the 1955 vesion was called the c300, followed by the 300B in '1956. The C,D, E, F, G, and H came in order, but they skipped the "i" in 1963 and went right to the 300J. Someone once said the letter i looked too much like the number 1. Then there was the 300Hurst in 1970.

So why not a 300C in 2005?

Archived