CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Gender of your Cadillac

adallak

i do not know why most of you call your Caddies SHE. I wiuld rather assosiate my car with a male. English does not have gender like, say. Russian. In russian wall is female and the selling is male. i really do not know why ( perhaps because the selling is on top ;) anyway, why do you think Cadillac is rather a girl than a boy?

sorry for stupid question, English is not even my second lenguage, it is the fourth.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

i prefer to think of what me and my car have, is an intimate relationship... i hesitate to think i've been having a relationship with a guy... :huh:

v prefer to think of what me and my car have, is an intimate relationship... i hesitate to think i've been having a relationship with a guy... 

:lol::lol: it looks like we will end up with discussing *smurf* marriege :lol:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Interesting question.

I love calling the car "my baby" and "she" and what not, with such elegance and grace, but when I'm rushing down the street with the v8 I hasten to call it anything but a he?

In the end, perhaps this will just reinforce the idea of Cadillac being a thunder-pounding male muscle car V8 covered up by a beautiful 18 year old elegant hottie.

I recall seeing this subject answered on some TV special (probably about cars) years ago but sadly I don't remember the logic but I don't think you can beat lacseville's.

We are on our fourth Caddy. The first an 82 Coupe Deville nicknamed" the Queen"- definately female! :)

The second a 90 Fleetwood was cranky enough to use the B word to describe her. :angry:

The third 92 Sedan Deville, Now that one I would say was a gentleman. He treated me with respect but Tom had his doubts about him. Says if it has txts or tires it probably means trouble. :D

Now to this 98 Eldo - Have not had it long enought for it to clue us in. Started off a bit rocky but think it will be a lady. ;)

Karen

Say what you want but I think most are transexual.

It goes something like this: "Come on baby I know you can do it. Come on honey please start. Start you S.O.B."

I've got three kids...one of each.

She told me she was a she.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Proof that Cadillac is a female: She's expensive to maintain and repair. Nuf said!! LOLOLOL!!!! :P;)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

It probably comes from the Navy (where all sailors refer to their ships as "she"). And that comes from the British Navy, where ships are named with a prefix of "HMS", or "Her Magesty's Ship". That trickled down to include all works of mechanical art, such as aircraft and landcraft.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived