CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Registrar, hosting, plans

The CaddyInfo.com website is rehosted now, and the domain registration change has completed. If you find that you can't access some site information you need please let me know.

The main way that you can tell the difference (hopefully) from earlier in the week is that when you go to http://www.caddyinfo.com your URL stays set at caddyinfo.com and does not switch to http://www.nunsmeadow.com/CaddyInfo

Our site hosting was done by Randy Weaver, who is a CaddyInfo Supporter and Cadillac fan and has hosted the site for free for several years. Randy is the Admin at passthemic.com and several other internet service companies. For our main site he has provided meter-free service gratis, because he felt that this was "his contribution to the Cadillac community".

With more growth, and some of the new additions that I want to make to the site, it was a good time to move on to a commercial host server. I would like to thank Randy sincerely for his support :hatsoff:

emcee_squared_signature.gif

As of this week the domain and the hosting is on a linux hosting package at godaddy.com. The gallery is one of the new additions under test, and I am working on setting up a Drupal site content management systems which may allow us to have a site similar in the way it works to wikipedia, where trusted members from the forum would be able to directly and easily edit website pages. Let me know if you are a Drupal whiz, as I am taking baby steps in the setup.

Our main forum is also a commercial host, but is hosted by Invision Power Services, who make the IP.board software that the forum runs on. Studying some of the things I want to do with integration of the forum, we may need in the future to also move the forum to a new host. Some of the systems that I want to integrate have to be on the same server as the forum, and the Invision hosting is not really designed to allow that without a very expensive kit. On the other hand, I love the Tech Support at Invision, and they have been priceless for when we had some problems along the way.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived