CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Changes on the website

The website (caddyinfo.com) host is down, and I am making some changes in the way the website is wired on the net to consolidate some things. Hopefully will have everything back up soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Still working this. I think what is happening now is that some DNS servers have picked up the changes and some have not. The symptom I see is that sometimes I open a browser window and the site pops up, sometimes it looks for a specific ip and then reports can't find. Hopefully will settle down soon.

Bruce

The website locations seems to have propogated across the name servers by Monday morning. Besides having our host server down, I am also swapping domain registrars. Until that gets completed, one can see that we are riding on the mirror, but that only effects some google information I think. In other words, the website is being served up off an alternate host server.

The access time to the site seems very good at the current location, and they promise over 99% uptime. We are also loading some of the bits we use here on the forum from the new host.

I have setup the site on a monitoring service here: http://www.freesitestatus.com/publicreport/4678/22580

which will keep up with our total up time for here on the forum and at the site.

Once the domain registrar and hosting gets straightened out our website load times perhaps will be better than previous, and there are some new features we can play with as we go.

Bruce

Archived