CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HVAC COVER.

noluck

My 96 Deville HVAC firewall cover is starting to fall apart. Just wondering if anyone has found a way to patch the cover rather then removing the engine to replace it. I dont see anyother way of changing it without removing the engine am I correct on this?

Thanks for any help.

Ralph

My 96 Deville HVAC firewall cover is starting to fall apart. Just wondering if anyone has found a way to patch the cover rather then removing the engine to replace it. I dont see anyother way of changing it without removing the engine am I correct on this?

Thanks for any help.

Ralph

Yes you are correct regarding engine removal. Do a search. We have discussed this before with several good ideas ranging from RTV and self stick drywall mesh tape to aluminum tape.

I am in the process of reviving a neglegted 94 seville sls and after some engine work the plastic broke away in one or two spots (kinda small, about 1"). Do I have anything to worry about as far as operational problems? I will figure out some way of patching eventually but there is no air or pressure of any sort to worry about right?

The only problem it will cause is a lack of air pressure to your vents. Most of it will be taking the path of least resistence (under the hood).

the plastic broke away in one or two spots (kinda small, about 1"). Do I have anything to worry about as far as operational problems? I will figure out some way of patching eventually but there is no air or pressure of any sort to worry about right?

On my 93, there are several big chunks of the insulator missing. There seems to be a metal box behind the insulator. I don't have any air leakage.

I am in the process of reviving a neglegted 94 seville sls and after some engine work the plastic broke away in one or two spots (kinda small, about 1"). Do I have anything to worry about as far as operational problems? I will figure out some way of patching eventually but there is no air or pressure of any sort to worry about right?

In my 94 Concours I have the most problems in the winter on extremely cold days. If it gets down in the teens the interior will not get very warm very fast. I have heard of people using pop cans and aluminum tape. Regardless, it is not easy to get your hands in there to work.

Archived