CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

This episode commercial free...

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/130000033.../370011837.html

FX announced that the 10p, Tuesday, July 24 premiere of Damages will air commercial free, courtesy of Cadillac.

Do you feel this is a good use of marketing dollars, to sponsor a telecast commercial free? I would be surprised if anyone watches the show, then runs out the next day and buys a new CTS because their favorite episode of {} was commercial free. I do appreciate the gesture however when I can watch something with no commercials, and do feel positively toward the sponsor. How much is that positive feeling worth in terms of return on investment though? I assume the cost of sponsoring something commercial free is similar to the cost of buying all the commercial time on the broadcast.

These days GM is being out-advertised in terms of budget and thereby frequency. It is important that they spend on the right opportunities.

Cadillac is also sponsoring the new series "Live from Abbey Road"; see the website here: http://www.sundancechannel.com/livefromabbeyroad with prominent Cadillac links.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I think that sponsoring a commercial-free program can be a good investment because it shows that Cadillac is again performing the extraordinary. This is an act that sets them apart from BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Infiniti, etc. -- can you imagine any one of them providing us an opportunity to watch a high-quality FX series premiere like Damages? The key is that they get the word out. -- but I don't see that. Perhaps when the trailers hit the tube, Cadillac's largess will be featured.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

No, But I like it better than trying to sell Toyotas in spanish in the "ADDS BY GOOGLE" section of this board.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

On the other hand I don't mind if Toyota spends money supporting the site here. The language probably depends on your region, although I would have thought that if anyone got Spanish ads it would be here in Texas, and I have not seen that one.

One of the features of becoming a Caddyinfo Supporter http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?act...&CODE=index btw is that you can choose the default view, in a drop down list box to the lewer left, which excludes the sections you mention for Supporters, or a Supporter Opt In Skin which includes those sections.

I am often interested to see what they are anyway, so I elect to use the Opt-In skin, but I understand that some Readers prefer not to.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Well, there are TWO Mexican Restaurants in Marietta OH. But, no thanks, I'd rather live in the "real" world.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

First off, I should offer two disclaimers:

1) TV commercials pay my salary.

2) I have a number of PVRs and rarely watch live TV (I was an "early adopter").

Nowadays I watch recorded content and am allowed to easily skip commercial content. I also have a number of PVRs (ReplayTV) that, during playback, automatically skip commercial content without my having to intervene. I watch a recorded program from beginning to end without having seen a commercial (1 hr. show = 43 minutes). SWEET! If it weren't for the PAUSE button I'd never get a bathroom or kitchen break! :lol:

In the past, however, I remember being HUGELY drawn to (favored) programs broadcast without commercial interruption. It was a big sell for me as a viewer. BIG.

Some of the older folk out there might remember Angela Lansbury's "Murder, She Wrote." They used an unusual commercial insertion technique at the time: commercials were more frequent at the beginning of the show and less frequent at the end of the show. I remember really appreciating that.

Another option was "Limited Commercial Interruption." I enjoyed that also.

Advertising is more art than science. Never be surprised by what you see. They intend you to be surprised.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived