CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

In love with my 94 Seville SLS

markbobby

Hello to everyone, well guys were should I start, I 'am a 43 year old man and ever since I was about 10 I have wanted a Cadillac, but I have always settled for basic transportation, and put most of my cash into my Career,and tools of my trade, anyway cadillac is the auto that just gets me excited,

oh there have been others but to the core I have just never really gave a darn about any of my cars or trucks over the years, dont get me wrong I have always taken very good care of my machines

but you get the Idea, Guys I have always wanted a seville it was in 94 when my uncle had bought a STS and I said oh my god, I want one, well I found my 94 from a friend of my mothers who has passed on, its a SLS this car was driven around 3600 miles a year, and in the last 3 years less than 1,000 miles a year, it is In showroom condition, garage kept and I got the car for less than 5 grand, for my dream car, I would have paid her son more because mint is not the word for this car, on top of that I have all the service records{ basic }, and oil change records, the woman had the oil changed at the dealership every 3 months, like clock work, that means the car for its time with her had the oil changed evey 900 miles. the car is just about to roll over to 39,000 miles

I am glad to have found this site, and I am one proud owner, and I am just on fire about this Seville,

there is not even a wrinkle in the leather. I will post some pics soon. and Like I said glad to be here !

:rolleyes: oh I forgot its the Pearl white with cream leather

Welcome to Caddyinfo.com, glad you found the site. Condition is EVERYTHING in an older car, and it sounds like you found a good one. I look forward to hearing more.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I would change the coolant and check the serpentine belt to make sure that it has less than 30,000 miles on it.

Congratulations on your cream puff SLS.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I would change the coolant and check the serpentine belt to make sure that it has less than 30,000 miles on it.

Congratulations on your cream puff SLS.

Ditto! :D

And I'm with Jim - change your coolant and belts, and I would add; tensioners, idler and water pump...

Welcome and congratulations on a great find. I would bet that being that meticulously service, the cooling system has been kept up, but if it hasn't for some reason, follow the previous advice , get it changed and keep up with it (every 2 years).

Well, man, we need PICTURES.

You cannot simply tease us with words alone ... I'd love to see a vast array of pictures.

Sounds like a real score .... 5k is basically 1 years lease payment on a new car.

For that amount, it looks like you found a real keeper.

Others have posted some good advice on preventative maintenance ... a 13 yr old car, regardless of mileage,

will have some basic wear items.

If you have trouble uploading pics, put them on a free photobucket account, and post us the link.

Welcome to a great site.

post-1542-1184296945_thumb.jpg

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

• 2 weeks later...
Well, man, we need PICTURES.

You cannot simply tease us with words alone ... I'd love to see a vast array of pictures.

Sounds like a real score .... 5k is basically 1 years lease payment on a new car.

For that amount, it looks like you found a real keeper.

Others have posted some good advice on preventative maintenance ... a 13 yr old car, regardless of mileage,

will have some basic wear items.

If you have trouble uploading pics, put them on a free photobucket account, and post us the link.

Welcome to a great site.

ok took me a while to get back....I will have pics up by monday or tuesday, now that i have been driving the car, I have had just a couple problems. for some reason the passenger door driver side rear, won't open I had put on the child safty lock and now it wont open from the outside, I have tried everthing and even looked at the owners manual,to make sure i was not being......well just stupid,

there is no damage to the door it just wont open from the outside, has this ever happened to anyone and if so what should I do ?........and if i have to take it to a dealer what do you think It would cost to fix this crazy problem.......and the only other thing that is messed up is I put a cd in the player and it wont eject It. Arggggg, but god do I love this Cadillac, I like it so much that I was at the dealer late last night when they were closed looking at a new DTS, my wife looked at the sticker price and said, I would be better off with a drug habit than a Cadillac Obsession, Not serious ...but it was funny at the time. other than those two things so far the car is great... any advice and this new Cadillac guy would be greatful......Thanks

Sounds like a great find for you. That's great milage, sounds like it was hardly driven. I have a '93 Seville which has twice that Milage and I thought mine was hardly driven. I look forward to seeing some pics of that auto.

there is no damage to the door it just wont open from the outside, has this ever happened to anyone and if so what should I do ?........and if i have to take it to a dealer what do you think It would cost to fix this crazy problem.......and the only other thing that is messed up is I put a cd in the player and it wont eject It. Arggggg,

The inside door mechanism may have never been operated before, and may just need lubricated, I'd see if a dealer would fix it for a reasonable charge. Ask for an estimate.

As to the CD player, make sure you try it with an original store bought CD before you decide that it's broken. Many CD players, clear up to '99 from my personal knowledge, have trouble reading copies or "homemade" CD's.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Great find on that car....

I agree, this thread is worthless without pics!!!

Don't tease us, let's see this ride....

WELL here's a pic of my SLS

let me know what you think......Thanks

also had trouble posting pics, so if anyone wants to look at

the 94 sls go to

www.myspace.com/markvonlaydrummer

sorry for the hassle

but it was to much of a pain trying to get them all on here

my computer skills are lacking,you will have to sit through a few drum pics

and you dont have to have a myspace, to view because I have them on a slide show

on the main page,ok once again sorry for the hassle.

post-6607-1185245703_thumb.jpg

Now would be a good time to start a Caddyinfo blog about this Cadillac!

(This post by phone).

good Idea , when I get more use to this board I would be happy to

also I only have a few hours a day free time right now, so i will have my wife

post the pics,she is computer savy. But for the next couple days there on the myspace page

I posted above........thanks and I love this Site !

post-6607-1185252708_thumb.jpg

(This post by phone).

post the pics,she is computer savy. But for the next couple days there on the myspace page

i'll try another

post-6607-1185254063_thumb.jpg

(This post by phone).

i'll try another

post-6607-1185254206_thumb.jpg

Archived