CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Mechanic's Pool Meanderings

I wonder if there is a feasible way to do sort of a Mechanic's Pool for Cadillac repairs. The idea is a system that sort of works like group insurance or social security. You sign up to pay say $5 or $x per month in, and can make a claim to the group for when you have a repair bill. Claims never paid out more than current cash on hand, monthly only.

Sort of like an office football pool, except the 'winner' is the next on to have their car break down lol.

Can't file a claim until you have been in the pool for x months.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Sounds like an aftermarket warranty. Are you proposing a Caddyinfo Ins. Co.? I don't think the numbers are there Bruce, considering that a dealer will charge $500 or so for a simple water pump. It would take a LOT of participants and a bit more than $5/mo. IMHO.

Good Idea, but the draw back is you would have to determine what any repair would cost. Way to complicated if you ask me.

Joe

[woops] What I had in mind was NOT something that would pay for a repair, but more like a common pool that would pay out to the one with the worst luck in terms of car repairs.

Bruce

[woops] What I had in mind was NOT something that would pay for a repair, but more like a common pool that would pay out to the one with the worst luck in terms of car repairs.

Oh, I win!! :(

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

If I were a website owner where I invite the public to participate, I would be very careful about getting involved in anything that could lead to sour grapes and me holding the bag or possibly being sued. It's a noble thought but you know the old adage about not being able to please everyone.

It sounds like your proposing to assist those with vehicles that have numerous or perhaps is in need of an expensive repair--perhaps someone that has a "lemon." One question would be how to determine who is having the "worst luck" and who is most deserving of financial assistance? A situation where parties agree to do or not to do something in exchange for consideration (such as money) can constitute an legally enforceable contract. Therefore, before you even consider getting involved in a program involving a monitary payout or financial assistance of any sort, I suggest you discuss it with a lawyer. Chances are he/she will tell you not to do it. At minimum, however, you would likely be advised to form a limited liability company to administer the program and shield you from having any personal financial responsibility should something go wrong. Also, you would need to make sure the program's criteria is spelled out in detail in the form of an agreement and that all who participate would agree to same.

Frankly, I would probably steer away from involvement in such a venture given the negative possibilities, particularly if I had a website (such as caddyinfo.com) which is enjoying a good reputation and where my financial interests could possibly be jeopardized should something go wrong.

bah; if I listened to careful legal advice we would not have a forum at all. I'll keep thinking about a way to do this or something similar that would be comfortable for people. It does not seem as serious or complex to me. I just think it would be something that would brighten up someone's day when they DID have car repair bills.

Bruce

Oh, I win!! :(

Marika,

Well, it's either you or "The Fred."

Not sure you'd want to be in that company?

Yeah, that *was* cruel :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll try to make that Hooter's thing.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived