CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

92 Eldorado CD install problem

I've been to two different stereo dealer/installers. Best Buy would not attempt installation of a Pioneer CD radio. A local "custom" installer said he'd call when he located needed parts, he never called. I have the bare bones casette radio in the car now. Could it be that difficult to install a modern unit? With directions I prolly could do it myself but would much rather have a professional install. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

I remember when I bought a Sony CD player at Best Buy I was told a converter would need to be installed since the radio was not a plug-and-play. I just bought 94 Eldorado and it has an ACDelco 6 Disk CD player installed in the trunk. So unless your 92 has a totally different setup I would think it's possible to install a CD player. I suggest you also post on CadillacForums and see if someone knows exactly needs to be done to get the CD player installed.

The issue seems to be a cable/ addapter to the amp in the trunk. I thought newer radios had their own amp. Crutchfield (just found online) offers a kit included with the purchace of an indash CD reciever that doesn't appear to have said cable adapter. I'll call their tech support tommorow. Mike

Archived