CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ANOTHER New Jersey get together!!

Most camera microphones won't pick up the 50 Hz - 200 Hz range, which is most of the audio power from my system. I'll look at getting a recording online using an electret microphone this afternoon.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most camera microphones won't pick up the 50 Hz - 200 Hz range, which is most of the audio power from my system. I'll look at getting a recording online using an electret microphone this afternoon.

On one, and only one occasion, I had very good luck with camera audio via an equalizer.

I can't believe I'm now actually contemplating going outside and recording my own exhaust signature! Nah! :D

Regards,

Warren :P

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Check my blog, I have a WAV file up. I made it with an electret microphone and tested the file on my home stereo. Some people are apparently getting it now so the download may be a bit slow.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Shortcut to Jim's blog: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?aut...p;blogid=4&

Otherwise one might click on Blogs to the upper right then on Jim's blog on the resulting page.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Shortcut to Jim's blog: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?aut...p;blogid=4&

Otherwise one might click on Blogs to the upper right then on Jim's blog on the resulting page.

Good microphone! I could hear a cat walking by in the background...LOL!!! (kidding)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Well, you can hear the chime because I didn't put on my seatbelt, and you can hear that lifter that is noisy when the car first starts up cold, and you can hear cars driving by on the street 70 feet away...

This is looking pretty grim. I'm thinking we'll have something like 10 people or so. More would be better.

Ownership:
91 Brougham d'Elegance 350
95 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Deville DTS
01 Deville DTS:
Custom installed Volant CAI
Custom PCM
Body color engine components
Cruiser Alloy wheels
EBC brakes and rotors
Eibach springs
Corsa exhaust
Sportwing Spoiler
Semi-custom interior
Custom quad Hi-Beams

Memberships:
National and regional Cadillac & LaSalle Club
Proud Volunteer - Northstar Tuning Project
Guinness World Records - Largest Cadillac Parade
----------------------------

This is looking pretty grim. I'm thinking we'll have something like 10 people or so. More would be better.

We had 10 last time it wasn't grim, we had a great time. Don't become discouraged.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Please ensure Marika ends up in some of the photos this time.

Nooooooooooooooo!!! LOL!!! (camera shy) :lol: :lol:

Im bringing my camera, I'll get her in a few... We need a Hooter's Guy for her. :lol:

Warren, I will be washing my car Sunday morning! Steam cleaned the carpets and mats last week, and worked on the leather. I waxed it the last two weekends and will use showcar wax on Sunday! Getting some touch-up paint from the dealer today... :lol: I need a new Caddyinfo license plate..

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Im bringing my camera, I'll get her in a few... We need a Hooter's Guy for her. :lol:

Warren, I will be washing my car Sunday morning! Steam cleaned the carpets and mats last week, and worked on the leather. I waxed it the last two weekends and will use showcar wax on Sunday! Getting some touch-up paint from the dealer today... :lol: I need a new Caddyinfo license plate..

Don't take any pictures of me.

My car was key-jobbed last night at the apartments where I live. Oh well, it's just another typical scenario for living in New Jersey. Driver side rear door and rear panel were scratched multiple times. I'll rub some dirt into the scratches and they'll disappear...LOL!!

That sucks. I would have to shoot someone. Yes I remember you won't allow yourself in any pictures.

Ownership:
95 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Deville DTS
01 Deville DTS:
Custom PCM
Cruiser Alloy wheels
EBC brakes and rotors
Eibach springs
Corsa exhaust
Sportwing Spoiler
Semi-custom interior
Custom quad Hi-Beams

Memberships:

That sucks. I would have to shoot someone. Yes I remember you won't allow yourself in any pictures.

It's one of the hazards of living in New Jersey. Stress and frustration levels are very high for most people. There is little or no quality of life here. People work to pay high rents, high mortgages, high taxes, high utility bills with little or no money left over for any of life's little pleasures. It's just a really bad place to live unless you happen to be one of the few people lucky to have a job with one of the governments in this state, or, you happen to be a multi-millionaire. Government workers in New Jersey get paid top dollar, everyone else has to scrounge to make ends meet.

Ummm well I feel the same way about the people trying to live in the desert. And this may sound harsh but it's just the reality. If you don't like where you live then MOVE. If it's not working and what you need isn't where you are then MOVE! You're the only one that can change you unsatifactory conditions. No ones going to do it for you.

It's one of the hazards of living in New Jersey. Stress and frustration levels are very high for most people. There is little or no quality of life here. People work to pay high rents, high mortgages, high taxes, high utility bills with little or no money left over for any of life's little pleasures. It's just a really bad place to live unless you happen to be one of the few people lucky to have a job with one of the governments in this state, or, you happen to be a multi-millionaire. Government workers in New Jersey get paid top dollar, everyone else has to scrounge to make ends meet.

Ownership:
95 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Deville DTS
01 Deville DTS:
Custom PCM
Cruiser Alloy wheels
EBC brakes and rotors
Eibach springs
Corsa exhaust
Sportwing Spoiler
Semi-custom interior
Custom quad Hi-Beams

Memberships:

Ummm well I feel the same way about the people trying to live in the desert. And this may sound harsh but it's just the reality. If you don't like where you live then MOVE. If it's not working and what you need isn't where you are then MOVE! You're the only one that can change you unsatifactory conditions. No ones going to do it for you.

When I'm ready to move it will be out of New Jersey, not just to another town... :lol: :lol:

Oh I didnt know that Marika..... no photos then.. Mike

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I like your thinking

We live in south Jersey, which is a lot better than the Newark area, but the property taxes are still the highest of any state in the country. There is a tax revolt brewing, and the information age is making it harder to hide the money. The local regional papers all have FIA suits on the county school districts, and a few of them have zeroed in on support contracts with law firms that seem to be a way of piping money to the political machines. I will be another decade before it's all sorted out, though.

We moved from one house to another in the same area a few years ago. We looked at moving out of New Jersey because of the tax situation but we decided to stay and give it a try, and it seems to be working so far. At the closing, one of the real estate attorneys was talking about how property taxes were just a fact of life and "... you just need to put aside about $1,000 a month..." to support the infrastructure like streets and fire departments and schools and stuff. I pulled out a printout of a listing of a house in Phoenix and showed him the property tax on that house, $268 a year.

We live in south Jersey, which is a lot better than the Newark area, but the property taxes are still the highest of any state in the country.

I pulled out a printout of a listing of a house in Phoenix and showed him the property tax on that house, $268 a year.

Long Island is nipping at your heals 'Jersey. I hope you're correct about a tax revolt Jim. And don't get me started about New York's deficit spending.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Some interesting (but unverified figures): http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/gnp.html

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

We live in south Jersey, which is a lot better than the Newark area, but the property taxes are still the highest of any state in the country. There is a tax revolt brewing, and the information age is making it harder to hide the money. The local regional papers all have FIA suits on the county school districts, and a few of them have zeroed in on support contracts with law firms that seem to be a way of piping money to the political machines. I will be another decade before it's all sorted out, though.

We moved from one house to another in the same area a few years ago. We looked at moving out of New Jersey because of the tax situation but we decided to stay and give it a try, and it seems to be working so far. At the closing, one of the real estate attorneys was talking about how property taxes were just a fact of life and "... you just need to put aside about $1,000 a month..." to support the infrastructure like streets and fire departments and schools and stuff. I pulled out a printout of a listing of a house in Phoenix and showed him the property tax on that house, $268 a year.

The taxes are so high in New Jersey because the payrolls for these towns are some of the highest if not THE highest in the country. $110,000 a year for a police officer??? Just one example.

They spend all the money on payroll and over the top benefits and then these dirt bags have to apply for grants etc., just to fix potholes. :fighting0030:

We live in south Jersey, which is a lot better than the Newark area, but the property taxes are still the highest of any state in the country.

I pulled out a printout of a listing of a house in Phoenix and showed him the property tax on that house, $268 a year.

Long Island is nipping at your heals 'Jersey. I hope you're correct about a tax revolt Jim. And don't get me started about New York's deficit spending.

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Some interesting (but unverified figures): http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/gnp.html

In New Jersey, MEDIAN income for one person is about $49,000 a year according to Justice Department figures. The local newspaper points out that this figure is based upon the fact that it includes all the various government workers in New Jersey. The real figures for private sector employment for one person is about $28,000 a year with women earning about $22,000 a year. Bergen county, where I live, has the highest property taxes in the country. All the home values are overinflated by at LEAST 400%. People work just to support the government workers with little or no money left in their pockets for themselves. It's corruption and it stinks.

Regards,

Warren

Our taxes on Long Island are $10,000 a year, I wanted to move to Scottsdale (South Mountain area) in 1991 and would have had the same salary. New homes were $100,000 and taxes were $600 per year. No one would go with me...

Our taxes on Long Island are $10,000 a year, I wanted to move to Scottsdale (South Mountain area) in 1991 and would have had the same salary. New homes were $100,000 and taxes were $600 per year. No one would go with me...

Ah yes, Arizona. The land of "oh but it's dry heat"....LOL!!

Yeah, stick your head in an oven at 350F if you want to experience Arizona. I could never live in a place like Arizona or Southern California. I'm allergic to the sun and heat is my worst enemy. (However, at 20 below zero, I'm feeling great!! Think I'll be moving to Harbin, China... :yupi3ti: )

I hear that the real estate prices are great in Broken Crankshaft, ND but there are no utilities. If you have a generator, well, and truck in your own oil and generator fuel, you can have a great time. No cable, but DirecTV/DirectPC is available.

Actually, it doesn't get that hot in S. CA even in the summer, if you live with 20 miles or so of the ocean, as most people do. Riverside and San Bernadino and such are inland and get hot in the summer. Real estate is high in the coastal regions.

Archived