CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Referral ads by Google

I have added a new section at the bottom of the Caddyinfo forum page which holds Referral Ads.

These type ads differ from the normal ads you might see on the site because they only contain a specific subset of ads from companies which I have selected.

For example, when I purchased my 96 STS I took out an online loan from E-Loan. This worked out well for me, they were easy to deal with, and provided good service. So I have selected E-loan from the available Automotive advertisers to include in this section.

One key difference besides the fact that I get more input as to what ads show up in this area is that I am able to specifically endorse these referral products. I have selected a limited list of advertisers such as E-Loans, RockAuto, and LagunaSpeed, who I feel are relevant and useful links and add value to the site.

You may only see one or two of the selected advertisers displayed as there is some space constraint and bidding involved, but I am excited about this type of directed advertising and I want to bring your attention to this type of sponsorship.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce,

I'm not really into this Ad thing but i once heard that some sites get (financial) compensation for every click on the Ads on their site.

Is this the same or similar?

Thanks

Marc.

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

The Referral ads tend to pay per completed action. For example, RockAuto pays a referral fee to the Site per parts purchase via the referral. E-Loan pays based on completion of a loan application. Each differs based on the product or service offerred.

I added a separate ad for RockAuto that only shows RockAuto, since they are one of the 2 or 3 auto parts stores that our readers regularly refer others to anyway.

Regular Google ads tend to pay per click on the ad, although some pay per impression.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived