CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Who Loves Caddyinfo?

I find that it is difficult for family members and friends to understand what this community is about. I try to explain it, but either I can't explain it or they can't understand. I also find that most of the people I know really don't understand why I have an interest in Caddyinfo, Cadillacs and mechanics. It was definitely a calling for me that I missed.

This really is a community to me and I place where I can share my enthusiasm for these cars, for my hobby and where we can help people all over the world. I would not be as confident ripping my car apart without you guys looking over my shoulder.

I must say that the board ebbs and flows, it goes through its changes, we have our irritants, and we even have our differences at times, but the camaraderie, knowledge, professionalism and sharing that takes place is awesome and I am proud to be part of it.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

You may feel you lack the proper words Mike, but I think you "nailed" it!

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Kudos to Bruce.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I like Caddyinfo because this one has a higher signal-to-noise ratio than the other Caddy board. It's also faster surfing to it.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

I like Caddyinfo because this one has a higher signal-to-noise ratio than the other Caddy board. It's also faster surfing to it.

I'm in a business where that metaphor really rings my bell.

This is not to suggest one board is better than the other; just that they are different.

Maybe the other board has more "youthful enthusiasm?" Maybe this board is more "mature" and pragmatic? I dunno. Your call. I enjoy (and support) both!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I'm glad someone said this. That is the chief reason why the other board has a higher noise level. Sometimes it's so bad that I don't even bother going there.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

I like this forum more than the other one since this one generally cuts the crap and get to the point instead of bad-mouthing Cadillac.

Great info on the other board too if you gently navigate through the morons...

In this forum I think my personal favourite is when this James Thomas Smith guy (someone remember him?) was here complaining and badmouthing Cadillac and

Cadillac engineers. Sure he had problems with his car but he also had a very bad support from his mechanics...his biggest problem was his brains though..

The Guru tried to explain for him about the Northstar engine and it's design. James got nasty and finally the Guru said something like "Why don't you stick a fork in yourself and gently leave?"

Thought I was going to fall of my chair when I read it...never laughed that much since

I find that it is difficult for family members and friends to understand what this community is about. I try to explain it, but either I can't explain it or they can't understand. I also find that most of the people I know really don't understand why I have an interest in Caddyinfo, Cadillacs and mechanics. It was definitely a calling for me that I missed.

This really is a community to me and I place where I can share my enthusiasm for these cars, for my hobby and where we can help people all over the world. I would not be as confident ripping my car apart without you guys looking over my shoulder.

I must say that the board ebbs and flows, it goes through its changes, we have our irritants, and we even have our differences at times, but the camaraderie, knowledge, professionalism and sharing that takes place is awesome and I am proud to be part of it.

And then of course, there are the perks too......HOOTERS!! :P:lol: :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

:P :P :P

Posted Image

This may be not the best spot in the thread to say this, but I love Caddyinfo for the members' collective maturity, relevance, competence, and the willingness to go the extra mile as BodybyFisher did today by scanning in a number of pages from a transmission overhaul manual for someone in Germany.

I'm here to give back some of the help I needed when I was solving an oil burning problem, then an overheating problem. This board made me go to the transition of letting others decide what to do with this car to taking full control of its maintenance myself, something that I have done with every other car I ever owned when the warranty ran out and was years overdue.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Did someone say HOOTERS? Where? :ph34r::lol: Hey when I am working on my NS, I am just as excited, pictures like this excite me:

CrossoverJob031.jpg

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I do. I have learned a lot.

I don't post very much, but I read all the posts. I spend more time on the board than I probably should but you never know when you might learn something that could someday be very useful.

Jim from Texas

Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------

Hi,

Funny thought,,, I also have an old 1969 British Land-Rover (before the Range Rover and Discovery).

In the parts catalog, the horns have two manufacturer brands. One of which is "Hooters"

Bob B

I love Caddyinfo.com.I read every post,and wish I had time and knowledge to participate more.

Thanks to everybody that put in out of their own free time, and will to make this thing happen.

Thanks again all...

Florin

As far as the other board...

Yup i'm with you guys.

Altough i'm not as active as many others (probably because the expirience of others out here outrun mine by far!) i do come around here every other day at least to click 'View New Posts' and give my help if i get the chance (mostly crap coming out of my brain tough).

Indeed it's far more mature then the 'other' altough the 'other' can spit out usefull info as well sometimes (take the time to filter the cr*p)

Still... by far.... this is my favorite website (compared to ANY website! not only the Cadillac related sites)

It's partly this website which made me decide to return back to Cadillac after jumping fence to other brands for a while.

Thanks guys!

Marc.

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

I have become addicted years ago. So much so that I flew out to Dallas just to have dinner with Bruce. :P Well that's not entirely true, but I did fly to Dallas and did have dinner with Bruce. They say admitting it is the first step. I guess that pretty much answers the question.

Sometimes I'm away for stretches but like any strong habit I can't help but come back to it from time to time. The board has been looking very good and user friendly lately. The others are right about the information sharing.... invaluable. If it means anything I don't even go to the "other" site unless someone posts a hyperlink to a post there. Now onto more serious matters. The Hooters here just closed its doors. Talk about sad times.

post-899-1183165149.gif

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I too find this board more mature then the "other".

Me Too I love this forum!! A great group of guys and gals... Though I miss the guru

This board (especially Ranger, Road warrior and Scotty) has saved me countless hundreds in repairs and mistakes.

It is a great resource were techs, old timers and caddy fans alike can help each other get the best from these cars... and unlike the other forum, the moderators and "regulars" here have some degree of knowledge about these cars, have turned some wrenches over the years, can speak from first hand successes and failures, and aren't some know-it-all 18 year old who is living in his parents basement. ;)

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived