CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Introducing My New/Used Eldorado

MAC

Introducing My New/Used Eldorado.

What do you think? Looks like a pretty good buy? In some photos (3 & 10) there appears to be scratched paint, but it is just light play and/or reflections of objects off the paint.

I spoke with the dealer and was told there are no trouble codes! B) I know it's an older Eldo but if I get 150K miles on it I can't go wrong--Not for $3,550.00. I'm taking a chance but it only has about 90K miles. First thing I'm going to do is change the anti-freeze unless it's obvious that it was recently changed. Then do a trans fluid change.

Introducing My New/Used Eldorado.

What do you think? Looks like a pretty good buy? In some photos (3 & 10) there appears to be scratched paint, but it is just light play and/or reflections of objects of the paint.

I spoke with the dealer and was told there are no trouble codes! B) I know it's an older Eldo but if I get 150K miles on it I can't go wrong--Not for $3,550.00. I'm taking a chance but it only has about 90K miles. First thing I'm going to do is change the anti-freeze unless it's obvious that it was recently changed. Then do a trans fluid change.

Mac,

It looks great. Hope it is a great car for you. Good luck.

Jim

Posted Image

Congratulations, very nice looking car, I love the interior. Good Luck with it!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

WOW! An "STD Coupe." Those must be very rare. :rolleyes:

Seriously, a very handsome looking find. Many happy miles.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement. I live in NJ so I think I'll pay to have it shipped. I figure the cost of flying down to FL and the price of gas will probably not be worth getting it myself.

That Dark Cherry color will grow on you. It was available only from 1994-1997 and was never popular, but that deep glow in the sun is magnificent. I get complements on the color from people who don't know what the car is.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Well done, Mac.

I've always planned on picking up a southern state car from ebay, just haven't had the opportunity yet.

Someone has obviously loved this car .... the typical wear points, ie armrest, shifter, and seats, look perfect.

Did you get a feeling for the mechanical condition from the seller ... specifically, overheating or tranny issues?

Once you put on your chrome rims and a bit of tint, that car will look spectacular.

Keep us informed.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Well done, Mac.

I've always planned on picking up a southern state car from ebay, just haven't had the opportunity yet.

Someone has obviously loved this car .... the typical wear points, ie armrest, shifter, and seats, look perfect.

Did you get a feeling for the mechanical condition from the seller ... specifically, overheating or tranny issues?

Once you put on your chrome rims and a bit of tint, that car will look spectacular.

Keep us informed.

As far as mechanical condition, the seller said there were no trouble codes, so I expect there to be no problems to speak of. In NJ non-factory tint is illegal so that's something I can't do. I'm considering keeping both the alloy rims currently mounted and my chromed rims. I will probably keep the originals on until the tires wear and then go to chrome. I guess since the dark cherry metallic paint (or whatever the official name is) was only available from 1994-1997 and wasn't popular, it would appear it's a rare color. ;) I like the color--at least the pictures look good.

Archived