CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Vroommm

joeydax

So I changed my sparkplugs about a week ago, and I know I put everything back together right...but now my car sounds louder. I don't mind it, I just want to make sure there is nothing wroing. and sometimes when I start her I can smell some exhaust. I am new to doing work on my own car. I enjoy it so much I am looking to see if I could go to a tech school part time so I could do most all the work myself (and perhaps make some extra money on the side).

P.S. Does any one have and/or recomend CORSA PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEMS? would I also have to replace the catalytic converter

-Joey

The standard Cadillac exhaust system is 100% stainless steel so you should never have to replace anything that is not damaged or clogged. Clogging happens with engine problems, not years or miles.

I don't have Corsa on my car (I have Borla) but you don't have to change the catalytic converter. A muffler shop can replace your stock muffers with Corsa or other aftermarket mufflers. Most turbo mufflers are shorter than the stock mufflers and some additional stainless steel tubing is required. Be sure and go to a muffler shop that is comfortable with stainless steel, including welding rod, so you get an installation that won't rust out.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

So I changed my sparkplugs about a week ago, and I know I put everything back together right...but now my car sounds louder. I don't mind it, I just want to make sure there is nothing wrong. and sometimes when I start her I can smell some exhaust. -Joey

Make sure one of the plugs hasn't backed itself off....I know it sounds un probable, but I've seen it happen.

Archived