CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

O2 repair-Domino Effect-Need Help

It's been approximately one week since i changed my o2 sensor after getting a service engine soon light and pulling code p0133-Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1. Today the service engine light came on again with code p1134-Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Transition Time Ratio Bank 1 Sensor 1. What would cause this?

Possibilities I would investigate:

Bank 1 is running rich and coating the sensors

The wiring running to the O2 sensor is intermittant

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bank 1 sensor 1 connects to the PCM at connector C2 terminals 65 and 66. You want to be sure those terminals are clean and secure.

If it was my car, I would also drive it on an Interstate highway for an hour or so with varying engine speeds and get the exhaust system heat soaked. Clear the codes and see what comes back.

O2 sensors rarely fail; they simply report how the engine responds to commands from the fuel trim system when the engine is in closed loop operation.

Have you noticed a drop in fuel economy or engine performance lately?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Possibilities I would investigate:

Bank 1 is running rich and coating the sensors

The wiring running to the O2 sensor is intermittant

Do you mean I have a short in my o2 wiring? What would make bank 1 run rich? How do I fix it?

Bank 1 sensor 1 connects to the PCM at connector C2 terminals 65 and 66. You want to be sure those terminals are clean and secure.

If it was my car, I would also drive it on an Interstate highway for an hour or so with varying engine speeds and get the exhaust system heat soaked. Clear the codes and see what comes back.

O2 sensors rarely fail; they simply report how the engine responds to commands from the fuel trim system when the engine is in closed loop operation.

Have you noticed a drop in fuel economy or engine performance lately?

Since i changed the o2 sensor i have better fuel economy and smoother performance from my ride. I cleared the code last night and it didn't come back today. I have my fingers,toes, and eyes crossed.

Those two codes represent different problems. Is the replacement an OEM part?

I replaced the stock o2 sensor with a bosch oem replacement. I hope this helps... I love this STS. I just bought it about a month ago and this is the first problem I have experienced.

"OEM parts on OBDII" . Thats our feeling. The OBDII systems are so sensitive to original parts. Been there done that. Been burned.... Seen aftermarket Bosch O2 sensors not pass the PCM test.

Archived