CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

01 STS brake bulb replacement

Dave G

How do I get to the bulbs that are on the trunklid part of my car? The manual has instrustions for the bulbs by the turn signal but not the inside ones that are on the trunklid itself. It looks like I need to pull off that carpeted material to get to them but I dont want to tear things apart and then find out there is another way. Hence why I am asking on here. Thanks in advance.

David

Carpet comes down enough to slide the center portion over the trunk latch. Then there are 7 wing nuts holding the complete lamp assembly to the lid. Easier if you have three hands; and it might be worth replacing all the bulbs while you are in there.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Carpet comes down enough to slide the center portion over the trunk latch. Then there are 7 wing nuts holding the complete lamp assembly to the lid. Easier if you have three hands; and it might be worth replacing all the bulbs while you are in there.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

If you're talking about the incandescent bulbs (not the LEDs on the upper part of the trunklid), you'll have to what JimD says: remove the liner on the trunklid and remove all the nuts. Be careful to support the external assembly so that it doesn't yank on the wiring harness. Once you do that, replacing the bulbs is a snap.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

No I am not talking about the LED's.

How do I get the carpeting down?? Once I get to that are you saying the tails and the licence section are all one piece? It looks like they are but I am not sure from what you said.

No I am not talking about the LED's.

How do I get the carpeting down??

Just tug on the carpet close to the head of the plastic fasteners. Pull the carpet only enough to snake your hand behind it.

Once I get to that are you saying the tails and the licence section are all one piece?
Yes.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The plastic fasteners yank right out. They're friction-fit.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

Archived