CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Are there phenolic spacers on a 96 N*?

jcobz28

I've been doing this rebuild for so long I can't seem to remember if I took any off this motor or not. The crappy Chiltons manual shows for all 4.6L N* that there is the intake manifold, a spacer, and an upper and lower gasket. This is not what I am seeing in my pile of parts. I just see a plastic injection molded intake manifold, and a single gasket that "clips" on to the bottom of the manifold. I am being paranoid and need some input.

Is the manual right and do I need to tear apart my garage looking for missing phenolic spacers?

Or, according to the 1 article on this site I could find that addressed this issue, it appears that maybe only the early model years used the spacers? And the 95+ don't use them? If so, then all I need is my intake and the 1 pair of gaskets.. right?

I've been doing this rebuild for so long I can't seem to remember if I took any off this motor or not. The crappy Chiltons manual shows for all 4.6L N* that there is the intake manifold, a spacer, and an upper and lower gasket. This is not what I am seeing in my pile of parts. I just see a plastic injection molded intake manifold, and a single gasket that "clips" on to the bottom of the manifold. I am being paranoid and need some input.

Is the manual right and do I need to tear apart my garage looking for missing phenolic spacers?

Or, according to the 1 article on this site I could find that addressed this issue, it appears that maybe only the early model years used the spacers? And the 95+ don't use them? If so, then all I need is my intake and the 1 pair of gaskets.. right?

They were used in the '93 and '94 Northstars. The '95+ model years did NOT have them.

http://www.helminc.com .

Let your mind be untroubled. ;)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived