CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rims

post-4951-1180120436_thumb.jpgI do really like these newer cadillac oem rims, but can't seem to find them anywheres reasonibly priced, from what I seen cardio doc has none and thats the only place on ebay id go....What do you guys think of these and would they look good on my car? They are 17's at least a little bigger than what I have now and i like this style the best, and does anyone no a good spot to look for them I'm going to keep my eye on cardio docs supply and hopefully he will get some in...By the way thanks for the input I do now realize that my beakes would be showing which wouldnt be bad if they were bigger and had cross drilled rotors and new calipers...But since I wasn't looking to get into all that I am going to keep looking, Thanks

These are the stock 17" wheels that came w/ my 02 STS and I think they are one of the best rims Cadillac put out. I am using them now for my winter set and have these 07 STS 18" wheels below (purchased from cardio-doc) for summer tires. If you are going with a larger wheel, I would stick with OEM as they are usually lighter than 3rd party, one piece construction and built to handle the weight of these cars. The added weight will affect braking performance unless you compensate w/ better rotors and/or calipers. I ran into this kid that put 20" rims on his DTS and had to keep filling them up with air at each gas stop b/c they were cracking due to the wieght of the DTS!

Also, I think some folks had problems with the Vogue wheels at one point where the chrome was peeling off but that was a few years ago and could be resolved by now.

PIC_0295.preview.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

hey bronson are those rims 18's?? I am trying to get through to discountedwheelwarehouse.com but they dont seem to like answering there phones... Thinking of ordering these in 18 but i dont want them to be small looking...post-4951-1183068009_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. If-still interested, contact me as I have a set.

cheers,

~Doc

post-4951-1180120436_thumb.jpgI do really like these newer cadillac oem rims, but can't seem to find them anywheres reasonibly priced, from what I seen cardio doc has none and thats the only place on ebay id go....What do you guys think of these and would they look good on my car? They are 17's at least a little bigger than what I have now and i like this style the best, and does anyone no a good spot to look for them I'm going to keep my eye on cardio docs supply and hopefully he will get some in...By the way thanks for the input I do now realize that my beakes would be showing which wouldnt be bad if they were bigger and had cross drilled rotors and new calipers...But since I wasn't looking to get into all that I am going to keep looking, Thanks

Archived