CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 STS loaded but in an accident.

MIke D

A family friend had a 2001 STS black with beige interior. His daughter hit someone and took out the front end. It did NOT do any suspension or engine dammage However it did take out the core support forward and the windshield with the deploying of the airbags... He did not have collision and does not want to fix the car.

I was trying to swap the front end of my 93sts to make it an airport car but someone said it would not work. To repair it someone said the windshield alone was $2000. To me that is tough. SO we are debating about parting it out. I'm not talking about doing a Light switch here and some other knob there. I'm talking about who needs an engine, tranny, computers, suspension. Big things... He's been offered some money from a salvage yard and is wanting to just do that. I tell him it's worth more in parts... Or since it still runs does someone just want to buy it and fix it themselves...

So here it goes. If you need things and are serious about it Please email me @ Davism4@juno.com. Lets see what people need and what other questions we have.

Thanks in advance

Mike D

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

A windshield for the E/K bodies (1992-1999) is about $225, and that includes the rain sensor. You can fix this car. Get three estimates from reputable body shops.

It's a well-known secret that most cars are worth more parted out than on the lot, but the difference is largely the labor of disassembling, cleaning up, and checking out the parts. That's why insurance companies like to total out later model cars rather than fix them, because they can get more for them as parts cars.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I know the 93-99 are less because they are not the same as the 2001. With the rain sensing wipers and heated windshield the price goes up...

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Instead of putting HID's back in this car, can I put the regular lights back in from a 99? Will the computer recognize it or will it have problems?

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

To repair it someone said the windshield alone was $2000. To me that is tough.

Back in the mid-90s Cadillac used a heated windshield that is no longer available at *any* price.

It used to command prices in the $1500+ range. Folk simply replaced them with non-heated windshields.

Perhaps that's what "someone" was speaking about?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The rain sensor was standard for E/K bodies in my year (1997). The price of $225 is installed, with rain sensor. I've had a star on my windshield for 8 years and keep current in case it spreads or I ever just get irritated with it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived