CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Is Cadillac missing being Green?

Cadillacs are about luxury, performance, and features. Cadillac traditionally has

been on the bleeding edge of new stuff for GM. When they want to try new

features out, they show up on Cadillacs first.

At this point, isn't GM missing the boat by not having flex fuel Cadillacs tuned to

burn E-85, and turbo-diesel Cadillacs, and hybrid Cadillacs? Aren't Cadillac

customers the ones who might be willing to pay another $1K or $2K for

features that give better MPG, but more importantly, give better gee-whiz

potential for conversation at the country club? Or the people who can understand

that investment by owners and GM now will help develop the technology so

that we can get on with better performing alternative fuel vehicles and off

gasoline.

Come on, GM -- give us a high performance hybrid that adds an electric boost

to acceleration in a pinch, and improves steady-state cruise mpg.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I both agree and disagree.

I agree that Cadillac and GM should be pursuing biofuel technologies. E-85 and biodiesel are both becoming more and more tenable in the market, and will continue to be as our technology improves. These types of fuels offer true alternatives to petroleum use.

As I see it, burning petroleum = "bad", and being less bad isn't necessarily being good. Conventional gas/electric hybrids don't offer any alternative fuel use. They provide a nominal reduction in petroleum use, but perhaps at a non-trivial environmental cost (as discussed in another thread). Hybrid technology will certainly improve as will biofuel tech, but I don't even see hybids as an interim measure, as I see biofuels. Hybrids offer very little value added in my opinion, which is why I don't think they've become universal in the market place, at least not yet. They've sold relatively well so far, but they really do little in terms of true petroleum use reduction. Even given their current success, they're generally not predicted to hold much more than a few percentage points of the market.

Hydrogen appears to be the be-all and end-all alternative fuel. Until we get there, I believe biofuels and vehicles capable of burning them should be our most pressing effort.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Hydrogen appears to be the be-all and end-all alternative fuel. Until we get there, I believe biofuels and vehicles capable of burning them should be our most pressing effort.

I agree

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Lexus is still pushing the "Relentless Pursuit of Perfection" with the new 435 HP Hybrid.

They defenitely are "Moving Forward",if you know what I mean.

We're just a little behind.

I like the Cylinder Deactivation vehicles myself.

Florin

In Europe they introduced the BLS with Turbo Diesel engines.

So maybe they are slowly getting the point this might be of interest in the states as wel?

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

I couldn't agree with you more... Cadillac (and all of GM management) needs to step up to the plate and start selling cars again. When I was young (in the 70s and early 80s) When the new cars showed up at the dealership, this was a cool time of year. My buddies and I would make special trips to the dealership just to see the new cars. Those days are over. GM seems to have lost its way when it comes to marketing its product. Most of there focus is one SUVs and Trucks

Back to your point, OK there is some "iffy" science on the benefits of Hybrids, I would say to GM, either get on board and build a high-end hybrid (car or SUV), or come out swinging and start marketing a 100% Ethanol or a diesel car that North Americans will buy (the "B" series ain't it IMO)

Cadillac traditionally has been on the bleeding edge of new stuff for GM. When they want to try new features out, they show up on Cadillacs first.

This might be how it is now... but "traditionally" the bleeding edge division was Oldsmobile... Sure Cadillac has its list of "first" but in terms of bleeding edge stuff like:

Speedometers

Chrome Plating

Automatic Choke

Heads Up Display

Air Bags

Trip Computers

Nav system

Front wheel drive

LCD touch screens

Key-less entry

Auto Transmission

Oldsmobile lead the way... GM would like us all to forget about this too... IMO

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I would say to GM, either get on board and build a high-end hybrid (car or SUV

Their coming out with a yukon or tahoe hybrid for 2008 that is supposed to get 26-27 MPG. Check out the GMC website. It's been up for a while now. http://www.gmc.com/yukonhybrid/index.jsp

There you go. I'd like to get one of those some day!

That would be really cool to see a northstar with DOD (active fuel managment). You'd probably pump it up to 30 MPG on the highway I bet.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Archived