91 Eldo Still Dying on the Road!

bschelle

Going down the road my 91 Eldo still dies. Just like I turned off the ignition! It hasn't done it all winter. I am begining to think it's temperature related. I have a fuel pressure gauge taped to the windshield and the pressure is steady before it dies and does'nt drop when it dies or when I try to start it.I drive about 6-7 miles before it does it.No codes show up. I let it sit for a couple of minutes and it usually starts. Today it did it and it took a while to start. It would catch and die a few times. When it did start it ran like it was flooded only hitting on a few cylinders then clearing up. I didn't see any black smoke from the exhaust. Again no codes. I have replaced the injectors, FPR, ignition control module, coil, wires and a complete tune up. What could be causing it to do this? What part is affected by temperature changes? I poked arround the wires from the distributor but it didn't do anything.

It sure sounds like a FPR or clogged fuel filter to me. Water in the gas?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

It sure sounds like a FPR or clogged fuel filter to me. Water in the gas?

The fuel filter is new as is the fuel pump and I put isopropyl in tne tank. I also replaced the FPR. This was a double post and the dicussion is extended on the other thread. Sorry for the douple topic posting!