CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Update 91 Fleetwood

kdaddy

OK,

IT WORKED - for now. I ran the sodium silicate water solution in the car for about 200 miles after which I drained and replaced with coolant and a new thermostat. NO overheating. NO false boiling. NO coolant in the exhaust. NO exhaust in the coolant. NO coolant in the oil.

I have to wait to post pics of the Fleetwood because as of right now it is only 28 degrees and flurries here in NY. So much for global warming. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will have them posted and will update everyone on the effectiveness of the liquid glass repair.

Kdaddy

OK,

IT WORKED - for now. I ran the sodium silicate water solution in the car for about 200 miles after which I drained and replaced with coolant and a new thermostat. NO overheating. NO false boiling. NO coolant in the exhaust. NO exhaust in the coolant. NO coolant in the oil.

I have to wait to post pics of the Fleetwood because as of right now it is only 28 degrees and flurries here in NY. So much for global warming. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will have them posted and will update everyone on the effectiveness of the liquid glass repair.

Kdaddy

And NO oil in the coolant? :D Amazing.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

So much for global warming.

I was thinking the same thing today when it was blowing 30 mph and it was only 25 degrees. What happened to that El nino crap? We just had 80 degrees 2 weeks ago. It was only one day though. The next week it was in the 30's.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

It's good to see that it works.

This overcomes my biggest fear which i have with Cadillac.

Had a blown head gasket on my 92 STS, this was the reason i ditched it.

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

I was thinking the same thing today when it was blowing 30 mph and it was only 25 degrees. What happened to that El nino crap? We just had 80 degrees 2 weeks ago. It was only one day though. The next week it was in the 30's.

:D:D:D

post-416-1175934758_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

:D:D:D

:lol:

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Yes I did verify that it overheated with the thermostat in. Its all science. For example, when the Sodium Silicate solution is sucked into the crack a thin layer of the solution is laid down. On the exhaust stroke hot gasses from the combustion chamber super heat the solution and turn it into glass. Each successive layer is then laid down with each intake and exhaust stroke until it is completely repaired. Think about the Nuclear test done here in America prior to the end of WWII. the sand was turned into glass from the heat. The same happens in the breach in your head/gasket/block under the temp and pressure of your engine. Its actually quite amazing. What is even more amazing is that the Co2 from your engine exhaust is a catalyst coupled with the hot spot of the breach forming the seal ONLY in that area NOT anywhere else in your cooling system. Sodium Silicate contains NO solids in its pure form unlike K&W and others which add various powdered metals and fibers which could clog the system. ;)

Kdaddy

Archived