CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need part # for dowel pins

jcobz28

I need the GM part number for the 4 dowel pins that align the heads to the block in a 1996 Seville SLS 4.6L motor. Called the dealership and they are morons and can't find it in their system without a part #. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

~Jacob

Called a different STEALership and they were able to look it up.

$13.67 PER dowel! :angry: That's just totally ridiculous, but there are no other options than GM.

Sure, once I pick up the parts and see it on the packaging. The stealership guy wouldn't give it to me. He played it off as saying the full part number doesn't show up on his screen. But I know the real reason is he knows that once I have that # I can price shop him on the net using sites like gmpartsdirect.com, gmpartshouse.com, rockauto.com, etc.

Whatever, if they want to be like that, fine. It's exactly the reason I never ever buy anything at a dealer unless I am backed into a corner.

I don't have the part no. handy but I remember paying around $4.00 each for them at Brasingtons. I think I still have them as I was not able to use them with the Bigserts - they required special dowels that were oversized on one end. I think they're still on my garage shelf.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks, I submitted a price request to Brasington. We'll see if they come in more reasonably priced. Let me know if you find yours. If so, I'll take those!

-Jacob

Brasington got back to me with a quote and it had a part #. So, here is the breakdown:

Part number: 3522352

Brasington (gmotors.com) $4.62/ea + $9.00 ship = $27.48

Gmpartshouse.com $4.54/ea + $7.95 ship = $26.11

Gmpartsdirect.com $4.00/ea + $9.95 ship = $25.95

As you can see, the price spread is tight, and most of all, it's reasonable. Screw my local dealer. I'm ordering online.

KHE - I'll give you tonight to check your shelf before I place my order tomorrow!

If you and Kevin are not able to hook-up on the pins, a lot of folks on here would recommend Brasington for Cadillac pieces. Brasington is a Cadillac dealer; the others are not.

I have ordered quite a few Cadillac OEM parts from various on-line parts sources and Brasington is by far the fastest for delivery. Plus you can actually talk to someone on the phone.

Thanks for the part number.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

You know they could generate more revenue to the dealers if they were smart. Are you telling me that those three company's noted above are NOT making any money on those sales? So the local dealer is getting THAT profit PLUS they triple the part price for more profit? Stupid business people

I like brasington, this type of highway robbery only helps them..

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Brasington got back to me with a quote and it had a part #. So, here is the breakdown:

Part number: 3522352

Brasington (gmotors.com) $4.62/ea + $9.00 ship = $27.48

Gmpartshouse.com $4.54/ea + $7.95 ship = $26.11

Gmpartsdirect.com $4.00/ea + $9.95 ship = $25.95

As you can see, the price spread is tight, and most of all, it's reasonable. Screw my local dealer. I'm ordering online.

KHE - I'll give you tonight to check your shelf before I place my order tomorrow!

I found them - one of the four is out of the package but all four are new and unused. I can ship them priority mail tomorrow if you're interested. How about $18 shipped? PM me for details.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I found them - one of the four is out of the package but all four are new and unused. I can ship them priority mail tomorrow if you're interested. How about $18 shipped? PM me for details.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 1 year later...

Hi there, I'm a caddy friend who is in very much need right at the moment... I'm working on my car and ready to put the heads back on the engine and the Dowel Pins are missing... : ( Well needless to say I need them now and I see that you have a set that you want to sell?... Do you take Paypal? I can paypal you the money ASAP! Just let me know that you have them and send me your Paypal account..!! Thanks if you rather use a different payment plan then I'm also cool with that!

Thanks!

JG

Holy thread resurrection! I got those from KHE over 1 1/2 years ago and put them on my motor... he doesn't have them anymore! Look elsewhere. Try your local Cadillac dealer. Good luck!

Archived