CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

radio balance

LACLUV

Whats going on people, i was wondering if anyone has a caddy deville 01-05,( i assume the sound system is the same) with a aftermarket radio. i have a pioneer 6800 premier edition head unit. the guy at the shop says scence its a high output radio the bose amp setup can't handle it causing the speakers to fade in and out. he says i might have to up grade my amp and speaker setup. But it does do it all the time, and i notice that the fade and balance does'nt allow me to check each individual speaker.

Its suppose to but does'nt only left and right. i think they may have wired it wrong. also does each speaker have its own mini amp on it. I know its alot im asking but if anyone can help me i appreciate it very much thanks...... :)

If that stereo has a high output, I wouldn't attempt to run it through another amp...it doesn't need it. Sounds like that the guy who wired it didn't want to run extra wiring to bypass the stock bose amp. If you have a head unit with enough power output, you run your speaker wire right from the head unit. The head unit ( if I am not mistaken) on your original system has just enough power output to run to the bose amplifier which branches off to the speaker system....a whole different wiring set up. It all boils down to.....it probably is wired wrong and needs to be redone.

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

Yea, that guy doesn't know what he is talking about. In a standard type install of aftermarket HU with an adapter you just plug the adapter into the HU and the wires run directly to the speakers. I don't think there is an adapter kit for a Bose system since it is not recommended to replace the factory HU. The Bose HU is a preamplifier that sends a signal to a DSP and then to the Amp at each speaker(at least that's how it worked in my Eldo and same with Seville). To run an aftermarket HU you would have to run your own wiring from the back of the HU to each speaker. So yea it's prolly wired wrong.

I will assume that the installer used a GMOS-06 interface for the HU installation. Through the HU, adjust the balance to full left, or full right. Then using the "SEL" button on your steering wheel, adjust for front or rear. The GMOS-06 uses the "SEL" button as a fade controler. Your system is essentially a 2 channel set-up now. I know this because I have the same set-up. Except I didn't start with Bose.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

when i had my eclipse hu installed into my 96 sts there was a special module i had to buy to make it work with the factory bose system, if i had not purchased the module i would of had to rewire the entire car for the speakers, the module was not to bad at 150 canadain much easier then re-wireing the car

you would probobly be better off having them bypass the bose amplifiers. The stock HU only sends out signal leads to turn on the amplifiers, so when you install an aftermarket headunit you must use the speaker leads that come out of the unit to where the wires are coming off the amp, so basically the amps will be out of the equation! If your setup has amplifiers upon the speakers, your best bet would be to replace the speakers.

Archived