CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

96 Fleetwood build up

This website http://www.eportworks.com/lt1.html suggests an interesting build up path for the LT1 engine as used in the 95/96 Cadillac Fleetwood. This is a head and cam package that claims and apparently delivers 370-390 rear-wheel hp (RWHP) for the LT1 350 cubic inch engine. Since the stock LT1 made 260hp at the crank, or around 210RWHP, this would make a terrific difference in the GO for the car. Pickup a nice used 96 Fleetwood for $5K, and have the engine worked over for $3K, and you have a sleeper hotrod with huge tracts of interior room.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

LT1's are what I learned to wrench on. The first car I ever really dug into was a '95 Camaro Z28. By the time I was done with it, it had a forged, stroked 383ci bottom end, p/p heads, big cam, vortech supercharger, race tranny, pumping out 10 sec timeslips and 525 rwhp. I LOVE LT1's!

That's interesting you guys are putting them in Caddy's. I kind of figured with a V8 already in there you would just work with what you got. Much simpler from a wiring and PCM standpoint obviously.

But if anyone is ever looking for an excellent resource for swapping LT1 motors into any other car they didn't originally come in (like a Caddy...), check out this site:

www.lt1tech.com

It's a message board started by one of my camaro buddies I went to college with. There is a forum called "hybrids" which addresses putting LT1's into other cars. Lots of good knowledge there about wiring harness issues, PCM issues, programming, and bypassing the VATS anti-theft system.

Curious, how do you guys do this swap? Do you have to custom fab your motor mounts? Or is there a company out there that makes them for the swap? And do you mount it transversely and still run FWD? Or go all out crazy making a trans tunnel and rear end and converting to RWD?

I'd like to see some replies with LT1s in their Caddy's. Post pics, timeslips, dyno results, and mods!

The fun part is it is not a swap. The 95/96 Fleetwood Brougham was similar to the Impala SS in many way, although it was a bit longer and had different standard features. The Cadillac came from the factory with an LT1.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The fun part is it is not a swap. The 95/96 Fleetwood Brougham was similar to the Impala SS in many way, although it was a bit longer and had different standard features. The Cadillac came from the factory with an LT1.

The 1994 Fleetwood had the LT-1 engine as well. Those cars are getting harder and harder to find in good shape.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Cool! I didn't know that! Who's got a bad-azz LT1 Fleetwood on this site?

that caddy model was RWD, not FWD. I suppose someone could assume that all caddys from that era were FWD only but not so. my neighbor just bought a 95? buick roadmaster wagon. with miles of vinyl woodgrain and RWD V-8 power.

Archived