CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Battery power decreasing, and help identify "buzzing" device

LMT32

I have a 1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville and it's only been a month or 2 since I just replaced my car battery.

Last week, I noticed that my car was a little hesitant to crank after I drove somewhere and parked it for a moment. I did an acid test the next day with a glass tube that has 4 floating balls inside.

On the positive, the cell nearest to the post measured at 75% and the others were somewhere between maybe 80 -100%.

Then on the negative side, the cell nearest to the post measured having 50% activity and the other 2 were at 100%.

I feel like there must be something in the charging system that's pulling down on my battery.

By the way, there's some kind of a device that makes a sort of a buzzing sound when I turn the engine off and it buzzes for a few seconds. It does this periodically.

If anyone can tell me about the situation with the battery losing it's power and the "buzzing" device, please let me know. Thank you.

I would be suspicious of the replacement battery. Take the car to an aftermarket parts store and have them do a load test on the battery.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I have a 1993 Cadillac Sedan Deville and it's only been a month or 2 since I just replaced my car battery.

<snip>

If anyone can tell me about the situation with the battery losing it's power and the "buzzing" device, please let me know. Thank you.

As JimD said, you may have a faulty (new) battery, or your voltage regulator has gone south and is frying your battery. Put a volt meter across the terminals and rev the engine, if voltage increases with RPM and goes beyond 15V, it's time to repair or replace the alternator.

As for the "buzzing" sound, it may "sound" stupid, but can it be the antenna going down?

it may be possible that one of the wires coming from your alternator is bad. If the wire gets corroded then it would not recharge the battery fully, as for the buzzing sound i have also heard that sound and i believe it have something to do with the throttle body or crusi control module. If you pop the hood and then put the key to ignititon in my experience it comes from around that area.

Archived