CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

EO53

jng29

i can use some help here... 92 seville runs pretty good except i cant pass emissions inspection, i failed for NOx first time 1250 (850 is passing) so i ran codes and saw an egr code , at which time i replaced the egr (the ports under it looked to be clean too) did a tune -up (plugs, cap , rotor) and went back to retest emissions and now the NOx was 1350 even higher than first try , i am also getting a new code EO53 can anyone give me some direction to go with this except to a crooked dealer ?

EO53 Distributor Signal Interrupt

Have a look (and/or replace) at the distributor cap/rotor next.

Code list by system for that year:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/stscodes.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That is a 4.9, right? Don't forget to rod out the 2 EGR tubes down in the TB bore. That is where they get carboned up.

That is a 4.9, right? Don't forget to rod out the 2 EGR tubes down in the TB bore. That is where they get carboned up.

how far down from where the EGR mounts do the tubes foul up???? i replaced the cap, rotor and plugs and thats when i started getting the eo53 code by the way,,,,,,,,how do you clean the tubes out?? will the debris get into the engine if i just were to shove heavy wire thru the tubes???

The tubes are down in the TB. Remove the air filter duct and look down the TB. They will be staring back at you. Just rod them out with a coat hangar if they are carboned up. Vacuum out what you can. The rest will just get ingested, burned and spit out the exhaust.

Archived