CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Back to the dealer...

JasonA

I think I need to take the car back to the dealer.

I got a SERVICE STABILITY SYS message as I was turning into a driveway today. Code was under the ABS codes section, C1288. According to what I've seen on the Internet, this is a steering sensor malfunction. So while the car is still under warranty, I need to get it in and have that taken care of.

I'm also getting a curious P1187 code. It's always current when I check codes. There are varying references on the Internet, but this appears to be an oil pressure sensor circuit malfunction. I've also seen references as it being an "EOT sensor" problem. EOT = Engine Oil Temperature? I don't think the Northstars have such a sensor, do they?

Anyway, I'll likely take the car back in soon for these two codes. The C1288 is something I definitely need to have checked. The P1187 doesn't seem to be producing any negative side effects (I've never gotten an oil pressure message), but it's still curious, and I'll have them address it.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

The P1187 is not mentioned in either of my Service Manuals. Possibly your PCM is very confused or the display segments are confused. EOT (oil temp.) is used in diesel applications.

The breakdown I have for codes indicates P1xxx is manufacturer specific and P11xx is allocated for fuel and air metering.

It could be interesting if the dealer is tempted to serve up smoke and mirrors :o

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

My P1187 code is always current when I check it. But there are no idiot lights on or MILs or anything. If I clear the code, it'll be gone for a day or so, but the next time I check codes, it's back. I won't clear it now, and let the dealer decide what to do with it.

I'm actually questioning whether my MIL works or not. I've never noticed it on, even during the "bulb check".

Excuse me -- it was I who misspoke. The P code is P1189, Engine Oil Pressure switch circuit. But no oil pressure idiot light. I found a reference to it on the other Caddy board, where someone found a loose connection at the switch, and that fixed the code. I'll have to check that on mine. The oil pressure switch is mounted on the oil filter adapter, is that correct?

And my Service Engine Soon MIL does work. I just didn't notice it before, but just went out to check, because my curiosity got the best of me.

....I'm actually questioning whether my MIL works or not. I've never noticed it on, even during the "bulb check".

That is definately a real problem. You would fail emissions inspection where I live.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I would here too. Fortunately, I just must not have noticed it before because after looking for it, it does come on at startup (then go off).

I had that C1288 code about a month ago and it never came back. I'm sure eventually it will, but I don't have any warranties so I'm just going to hope that it doesn't.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Archived