CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1997 Cadillac SLS: Whats a reasonable selling price

Hi,

I have a 1997 Cadillac SLS with a bad head gasket. Car starts and drives fine but does have bad head gasket and should not be driven until it is repaired. The car has about 150,000 miles on it and is in overall fair condition otherwise. What is it worth? selling it complete. If I were to part it out typically, what are the most desireable and valuable parts on the car? Thanks for any constructive input

(US dollars in each case $)

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your SLS.

To guess value everything depends on condition at this point.

If you replace the headgaskets yourself and timesert the block I think you are out $500-750 for parts/tools, not counting your labor. If you have the engine removed, repaired, and replaced by a garage it might cost $2K-4K; if you have the dealer put in a new engine it can run $10K.

A 97 SLS has a KBB.com value in fair condition of $3925.

For parting out the seats seem to be popular, airbags, lights, door panels, wheels, based on what I see people post on ebay.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not what you want to hear, but in it's current condition, probably would fetch $1,000.

A few months ago I purchased a '96 Seville SLS w/ 150k miles off of ebay for $1,005 and the only thing that was wrong was bad head gaskets, otherwise a great car, but that's as high as the bidding went.

So there's the realistic low-down on what it's worth!

~Jacob

Archived