CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Revisiting the good old Caddy forum..

JLAWS

[attachmentid=3157]Hey guys it has been a while. I was a memeber way back when during to old forum format when Bruce's (1994 ?) STS was the forum display car with the notepad background. The caddy site has really come along way!! I may be back, I like how the new CTS is looking!!! Right now I'm on the Audi bandwagon. I have an A6 4.2 V8 and love it. my set up is below but i've added smoke taillights and chrome mirrors

Anyways my friend is having bad luck with his 99 STS. I owned a 98 and mine was well behaved.

2 problems , he is getting a speed limited to 90 message. He changed his tires recently and the dealer claims it's the tires. I didn't see the speed rating on them could that be the problem?

He did have the rear airshocks changed out for cheap after market airshocks that you have to manually fill up. The hose from the airpump is just disconnected. I know the front struts are electronic and if unplugged you get that message. Unsure about the rears.

The 2nd problem is that the car seem to cut off at idle when waiting at stop lights. He just had a tune up and foolishly put Bosch Platinum 4 in it. I told his he should have put the factory Delco in it. It still runs smooth and he has all the power but when Rpms get really low for a period of time it shouts off. I don't think it's the fuel pump, maybe a sensor. I scan the vehicle and other than the o2 sensor malfunction which he fixed, there were no other codes.

any help is appreciated, Later

post-117-1175016886.jpg

2 problems , he is getting a speed limited to 90 message. He changed his tires recently and the dealer claims it's the tires. I didn't see the speed rating on them could that be the problem?

He did have the rear airshocks changed out for cheap after market airshocks that you have to manually fill up. The hose from the airpump is just disconnected. I know the front struts are electronic and if unplugged you get that message. Unsure about the rears.....

The car does not know what tires are installed. The "cheap after market airshocks" should be setting some "C" codes unless he did something to fool the OBD. And the C codes would be limiting the speed and dispalying the DIC message.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I had a response all typed, then realized that JimD already said what I was about to. As far as the engine dying at idle, has the TB been cleaned?

How you doin' JLAWS?

This new web site is really nice,ain't it?

What's up with the Audi man?

Florin

Hey it's been a while, whats up!!!! You disappeared and reappeared.

Yeah I sold my 1998 STS in 2004, for a Lexus Ls430, sold it a year later to a friend who showed me the money so I had to keep my promise then I bought the 2001 A6 V8. I absolutely love. Yeah the guys were right the Lexus had little driving character. But it was sure smooth and whisper quiet. The Audi on the other handles like its on rails, (even better with the Hotchkis front & rear sway bars) extra wide stance for the V8 version and nice V8 Euro rumble (more with no resonator)

Its about as reliable a domestic cars. Parts $ are about the same as an STS, Struts are only $80- $100 though vs over $400 per side online for an STS.

I stop in from time to time for a couple of my friends and for my father's DTS so I'll be around.

Nice hearing from you!

Archived