CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

climate control cluster illumination

Hi

Noticed tonight that the top half of the climate control buttons on my 94 STS are not illuminating although the controls are functioning OK.

To be specific the ECON, DEFOG and DEFROST (indicated by the front windshield icon) are not lighting up.The top half of the fan speed rocker type switch which is in line with the other buttons mentioned also seem to be weak ------- perhaps it is only getting light from the lower half.

Anyone had this problem and better still might know how to fix it?

Many thanks,

Paul

You need to replace the lamps that blew out. To do this you would need to take off the dash board which will allow access to lamps. I have the same problem--driving me a bit nuts but I'll get to it once I get fed-up. :rolleyes: Oh...by the way, I think you will need a magnetized screwdriver because some of the screws are located in the dash vents.

You need to replace the lamps that blew out. To do this you would need to take off the dash board which will allow access to lamps. I have the same problem--driving me a bit nuts but I'll get to it once I get fed-up. :rolleyes: Oh...by the way, I think you will need a magnetized screwdriver because some of the screws are located in the dash vents.

Is there one lamp which lights all of the top half of the buttons or is there a lamp behind each button.

If it is a lamp per button why would three (maybe four if the top half of the fan speed switch needs one too) of these fail at the same time?

Thanks

Paul

Archived