CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

01 STS whats the top speed

Peter1972

I purchased 01 STS in Dec and I love the car I don't plan on running it up to computer shut off but I was just wondering what it is. Being 35years old and having a Class A CDL drivers license I tend to drive within the law. But the other night I couldnt resist , me and my wife were coming home from going out to eat and a few miles from my house some kids in and older souped up foreign job pulled next to me at a traffic light. I look over at the to kids in the car they were all of seventeen and the kid points forward giving me the international if I want to go sign. I laughed , when the light turned green I pushed the pedal of the old STS to the floor after the traction control did it's job and controlled the initial wheel spin we were screwing down the road I love the deep throaty sound the good old American V8 was making. Next to me was this wineny 4 banger was screaming it was great. The kids car was holding neck and neck until we hit about 80 then my caddy just pulled away. It was great man we raced twice at two sets of lights with the same result his car would stay right up with me for awhile then the STS would start waking away. I don't really recommend street racing but it sure did bring me back to my youth when I used to do that type of stuff all the time and when I got home my hands were still shaking what an adrenaline rush. Bye the way yes my wife was screaming at me the whole time but it was worth it.

Look at your door sticker to see what rating the tires came from the factory...

If they are "Z" or I think "W" rated in 2001 then your car is unlimited and will go about 150-155 Miles per hour.

Otherwise, from memory your car will shut down the fun at 126 MPH.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

The other nice thing is that there was a witness in the other car, who you just know will never let the 17 yr. old driver live down the fact that he had his butt handed to him by a Caddy. :D

Look at your door sticker to see what rating the tires came from the factory...

If they are "Z" or I think "W" rated in 2001 then your car is unlimited and will go about 150-155 Miles per hour.

Otherwise, from memory your car will shut down the fun at 126 MPH.

I looked at the door jam it says H rated. That whats on the car now Goodyear RSA I believe the same tires that are on my wife's new Maxima. I still wonder what the computer will shut the car down at with out actually going out and trying it. The last time I drove at 120 was 15 years ago in my 1990 L98 Corvette I blew by a state trooper going about a 128 I wasn't to pull over at that speed so I kept going and managed to get home and put the car in the garage and lie in bed waiting for the cops to come and arrest me. They didn't .

Archived