CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Second Vehicle

Let's don't forget: your Dad will expect you to keep up maintenance on his barge! :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Certainly will! I wont mind it, I'll probibly drive it around still, he likes being driven around. I just wont have to fill the tank anymore :P

Right now I'm looking at insurance rates......I'll just say.....yikes! [male under 25]

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Right now I'm looking at insurance rates......I'll just say.....yikes! [male under 25]

Yep...some idiots screwed it up for us long ago and now we have to pay for it...my 01 monte carlo was the same price to insure as my 02 seville. I suppose the 4 doors helped.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

I've never been in a fender bender while in motion or actually even in the car. I had parked the caddy in front of my brothers school, got to wait for him, a flatbed single axle truck left its storage box door open, wham popped up the rear bumper and luckily only damaged the wheel well and scuffed a tire. The wheel well is made to be sacrificial, no paint damage just a few clips.

I can understand increasing the rates for minors...but to be honest males aren't the ones causing the problems....almost everyone I've talked to has said something about a teenage girl ramming them from behind because they were on a cell phone....a few of my buddies have been in fender benders resulting in a girl riding with them...ok its not all the ladies fault :P

In all honesty I need to convey to one of the many car insurance agents that I will treat the car as if it were my child....sad and mostly true...thats the way us enthusiasts work right?

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

...but to be honest males aren't the ones causing the problems....almost everyone I've talked to has said something about a teenage girl ramming them from behind because they were on a cell phone....

That is completely true. Almost every accident I see...actually all accidents I have seen so far in this town have been younger girls on their cell phones not paying attention. Just yesterday a girl on her cell phone in a monte carlo plowed into the back of a deville. He was waiting to turn right because of traffic and she wasn't paying attention, of course. If you can't multitask, either shut up and drive or pull over! What is the deal with people like that, as soon as they close the car door it's like they have to be on the phone. I'm sorry for ranting, but it's really scary driving in the world in our generation with all these idiots who are not paying attention. I really think it should be illegal to talk on your cell phone while driving within city limits. If you need to talk, wait till you stop or pull over somewhere. Another bad thing is when the women get in a heated debate about something on the cell phone while they are driving and their driving reflects that. Now that is scary! An agressive driver not paying attention!

End rant! B)

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Anyway back on subject of car hunting.

Unless my fathers insurance company gives a better rate than what I've been quoted...I can't afford the Pontiac GTP :P

The F1 Style Shifters, Heads up display, and all the other goodies of the Comp G package, would have kept me entertained and the SC engine really pulled that Grand Prix around, very quick sedan. Unfortunatley all those goodies (which in my opinion packaged with the ABS, Stabiltrak, head-up keeps eyes on the road) add to safety features and accident avoidance.

With my current income I would squeak by way to close to call it a done deal at this point. If I didn't have car payments maybe, I'll look into a full cash deal (although that would defeat the purpose of trying to get me some credit) I knew insurance would be a sticking point but didn't realize that it would be so much for a Pontaic. Its a performance Pontiac but still how can this vehicle be so much more than a civic when I see them flying by and darting in and out of traffic.

All I want is a sedan with some balls, I don't want to be stuck in a camryisk car, it looks like I could be.

Enough to boil ones blood. Its funny to say this but I probibly could afford a Cadillac easier than a Pontiac, go figure.

Now I could buy "lesser" pontiac grand prix, because they do some like great cars. Is it possible at a later time to nearly "bolt-on" those Eaton SCs? Now I'm just talking crazy.

I have heard that "Personal Luxury" cars such as the Eldorado fly under the "teen with a V8" insurance radar. How much truth is their to that?

And yes I have to admit even after test driving a few vehicles my favorite is the CTS (test drove one for the heck of it), followed by my fathers Deville. The steering in Cadillacs is nearly effortless.

The Green's Machines

One of the reasons whey the pontiac is more expensive to insure is because it is considered a sportier car company and with the supercharge and all the other fancy little goodies, that adds to insurance too because it will be more expensive to fix in the end. That's the only reason why cadillacs are expensive to insure, beause they are expensive to fix. However, you are right about the eldorado. Two-door v8 I'm sure the insurance will like that one.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

I can understand increasing the rates for minors...but to be honest males aren't the ones causing the problems....almost everyone I've talked to has said something about a teenage girl ramming them from behind because they were on a cell phone....a few of my buddies have been in fender benders resulting in a girl riding with them...ok its not all the ladies fault :P

I'm not entirely sure about that.

I've been rear-ended twice in the last five years. The first was courtesy of a young lady who was farding at the time (as the Yogi said, "you could look it up."). The second time was courtesy of an equally young male who was doing I-don't-know-what. Certainly not paying attention.

Sadly, there is an undeniable correlation between youth and driving mishaps. That you are not "statistical" is to your credit. Youth, however, has other benefits. Enjoy them while you can. :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

... The second time was courtesy of an equally young male who was doing I-don't-know-what...

:blink::lol:

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well found some decent insurance rates so the 04 GP GTP looks like a go :)

Now the question is, exteneded warranties?

Their main selling point on the warranty is "what if the supercharger fails" or mine would be the intake leaking (heard that's a 3800 problem).

They say they certified it so I could get GMAC financing...shouldn't I be getting the 100k 5yr certified used warranty?

LINK:

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2007/02/post_4.html

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2007/...feedback_o.html

The Green's Machines

Well found some decent insurance rates so the 04 GP GTP looks like a go :)

Now the question is, exteneded warranties?

Their main selling point on the warranty is "what if the supercharger fails" or mine would be the intake leaking (heard that's a 3800 problem).

They say they certified it so I could get GMAC financing...shouldn't I be getting the 100k 5yr certified used warranty?

LINK:

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2007/02/post_4.html

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2007/...feedback_o.html

We don't have a smiley that says "this thread is worthless without pics" so you'll just have to read that!

It sounds like an awesome car! What color? 2 door, 4 door? That will have the updated tranny, the good one. I wouldn't be too worried about the supercharger. There are lots of cars around with 300,000 miles with a supercharger and nothing done to them. If I remember right, you do need to change the oil every so often.

I'm not sure about the warranty, someone else can chime in on that one.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

4 doors black, will certainly get some pictures next time I visit the dealer. Sunroof, Monsoon sound system, beige and black interior (perferated leather), has the "CompG" package (heads up display, performance suspension, tap-shifters) kinda like this one:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

WHeels on mine are differant and the leather doesn't have the vent holes in the above pictures

The Green's Machines

saw a nice 97 deville, tempting, only 18,000 miles, yes 18, rode smooth and such, dealer wouldn't budge from 11,5. Didn't have all the options my fathers 98 has and the red interior isn't my cup of tea. It was nice to drive a near show room car (other than a ding in the door and bent front rim) gave a great feeling for what my car would be like near new, slightly smoother ride but steering was flawlessly smooth, probibly could easily drive with your knees :P

The Green's Machines

That's a nice looking car! 11,500 for a 97 is still a little high, even with that low of miles. NADA books it at about 8500. I'm not sure if it's a straight deville or not, but that's still a little high. I love black, expecially on pontiacs.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Archived