CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

hmm- Buick Lucerne Super

GM is working on revitalizing the Buick line. As part of their current planning, they are bringing out Buick "Super" models of the Lucerne and Lacrosse. No word yet on specs. I wonder if the Lucerne Super will have the FWD performance Northstar package (292hp) with the higher final drive, as the 04 Bonneville GXP did when it was available. The only other package I could see them going to for the Lucerne would be to swap in a 5.3L V8 for 303hp, but the NS option seems easier to package. Apparently the Lacrosse Super will get the 5.3L V8, so I suspect the Lucerne Super will get something else.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

They need to make a 2 door version of the Lacrosse with new bolder sheet metal and bring back the Buick GNX. They should stuff it with a super charged 3.8 and put the 3.8 super charge insignia on the hood scoop.

Kdaddy

GM is working on revitalizing the Buick line. As part of their current planning, they are bringing out Buick "Super" models of the Lucerne and Lacrosse. No word yet on specs. I wonder if the Lucerne Super will have the FWD performance Northstar package (292hp) with the higher final drive, as the 04 Bonneville GXP did when it was available. The only other package I could see them going to for the Lucerne would be to swap in a 5.3L V8 for 303hp, but the NS option seems easier to package. Apparently the Lacrosse Super will get the 5.3L V8, so I suspect the Lucerne Super will get something else.

I would put money on the northstar package on the lucerne. I would like to drive one of those!

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

a NS easier to package? as a GTP owner I can say that the buick 3.8L is a tiny motor compared to the wide NS. I have yet to see a comment from a 5.3L owner as to how it compares to the NS for "around town" cruising. I guess when you close the hood, it does not matter how it is packaged anymore. out of sight, out of mind. is a 5.3 any more reliable than a NS? how many 5.3's did they even sell in FWD applications. 3 or 4? :rolleyes:

It amazes me how GM can get it WRONG so often, half hearted attempts always chasing the "trend", confusing a FAD with style and forgetting substance.

Their best move in years was the 100k warranty.

Think of everything they did WRONG with the GTO.... and I expect them to do that again.

I would put money on the northstar package on the lucerne. I would like to drive one of those!

I drove a Lucerne with the N* last spring, for a couple of hours, before I bought my first '06 DTS.

It was nice. VERY quiet and smooth. Probably quieter than my DTS. Great stereo.

The only thing I didn't like was the cornering. It seemed kinda vague to me. YMMV :) It did run well. Good performance using the Seat Of The Pants Dyno.

Posted Image

Archived