CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

V12 is back on the way. Sixteen or Something is coming in 18 mo.

What if you took two of the current (or next year's) 3.6L VVT V6's and put them together into a new V12 engine? You would end up with say 600hp and 540 lb-ft of torque or so.

Further, you would have a V12 on a common development platform with your current powertrain lines, which saves money in development. GM Holden in Australia, the home of 3.6L engine development, has at least one V12 made from 2 alloytech engines (what the home team calls the high feature V6 family).

Then, if you use the 2008 CTS "Sigma II" chassis you could make a extended length coupe with the body from the Sixteen concept, and sell them like hotcakes. If hotcakes cost over $100K each that is.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/21/lutz-co...illac-flagship/

The only hint Bob Lutz gives is that the new car design does not have good rear vision, which suggests to some that Cadillac is working on a Cien and not a Sixteen. GM is celebrating their 100th birthday soon (Cadillac had theirs in 2002 2004, pre-dating joining GM).

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Now that's what I'm talking about Bruce.

That's what Cadillac needs.Hell,VW did that,so why not?

They sure would sell them like Hotcakes.With the Cylinder Shut Down Technology it would make the perfect Caddy.

That would be the ultimate ride. Maybe the Deville.

I sure would save my money for something like that.

Hold the Turbo and even the Supercharger.Wouldn't need it.

Florin

Cadillac's 100th was in 2002! You should know that! :o:P

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Cadillac's 100th was in 2002! You should know that! :o:P

Woops; noted and updated. GM's 100th birthday in 2008, having been founded in 1908. Cadillac was purchased by GM in 1909.

Bruce

I don't usually agree with the usually outlandish blog comments on those types of websites, but really do agree with one of them:

2. Normally this would be a great idea, but GM's not swimming in cash yet, and they seem to have been spending a lot of resources on niche models. Each of those dollars doesn't go towards making the next Chevy/Pontiac/Saturn family cars better.

As much as I am a fan of Cadillacs, GM needs to put some bigtime resources into making a real car really great, like their new Acadia. I don't think I've read a bad thing about it yet. The new Saturn Aura has also seen pretty good reviews I think. But those are just a few models. We need all of our "real cars" to have the resources to be great competitors, instead of just a few hit-and-miss successes and some 12-cylinder supercar that might sell in the hundreds or low thousands each year.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I don't usually agree with the usually outlandish blog comments on those types of websites, but really do agree with one of them:

2. Normally this would be a great idea, but GM's not swimming in cash yet, and they seem to have been spending a lot of resources on niche models. Each of those dollars doesn't go towards making the next Chevy/Pontiac/Saturn family cars better.

As much as I am a fan of Cadillacs, GM needs to put some bigtime resources into making a real car really great, like their new Acadia. I don't think I've read a bad thing about it yet. The new Saturn Aura has also seen pretty good reviews I think. But those are just a few models. We need all of our "real cars" to have the resources to be great competitors, instead of just a few hit-and-miss successes and some 12-cylinder supercar that might sell in the hundreds or low thousands each year.

I can agree to that. They do need to focus on the more important things. They are kind of acting like a little child at the moment. They get a lot of money so now they need to play. Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool. It's just not the right time to do it.

So is GM doing anything special for 2008? Cadillac didn't do much for 2002, besides the Cien, or sixteen...which one was it? Anyway, they should have made a 100th anniversry car or something that people can actually PURCHASE. Or they should put 100 years of great cars or something on all of their 2008 vehicles. Just my $0.02.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Motor Trend adds some to the info:

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6203416/car-ne...adillac-coming/

Sources say Cadillac will also offer two V-8s in the car. Logic suggests the entry-level engine will be a 5.0-liter version of GM's new Ultra V-8, while the mid-level engine would be a 6.0-liter Ultra. Outputs would be around 400 and 500 horsepower, respectively

Bruce

So is GM doing anything special for 2008? Cadillac didn't do much for 2002, besides the Cien, or sixteen...which one was it? Anyway, they should have made a 100th anniversary car or something that people can actually PURCHASE. Or they should put 100 years of great cars or something on all of their 2008 vehicles. Just my $0.02.

Shh. lets just keep this anniversary thing under our hats... :ph34r::ph34r:

Let's not forget that 3 years after Oldsmobile turned 100 GM announced that the division was dead. :ph34r:

I drive a "centennial edition" STS ;) and the fact that GM did almost nothing to document and recognize this is A-OK with me. :ph34r::ph34r:

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Let's not forget that 3 years after Oldsmobile turned 100 GM announced that the division was dead. :ph34r:

Oh, but it was a wonderful celebration! I was in Lansing in August 1997. What a cool event. The town was flooded with everything Oldsmobile. You saw old garage queen 442s being trailered in behind new Bravadas. It was truly a celebration of everything Oldsmobile and it was great. They had a parade of Oldsmobiles, from new to old. There must have been hundreds of them. It concluded with about 20 Curved Dashes from the late 1800s. It was incredible to hear the rackety-rack of the 100 year old engines putting down the street. A one-time event for sure.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived