CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

s063 code left

cyrez00

Hi All,

After buying my Eldo from 93 i'm now up to the point to get the Service ride control fixed.

It had quite a load of codes in history all related to the SRC system.

I got them all cleared and the last one i have outstanding is S063 (right rear sensor fault)

Is it safe to assume the sensor is actually faulty and needs replacement?

I have been looking at the sensor and can't see where to disconnect the cable, it goes under the car and from that point i can't seem to track it.. no idea where it's going or where it enters the car.

Do i need to disconnect it at the computer module or is there a connector somewhere halfway which would make it easier to replace the part?

Does any of you have pictures which would be able to help me somewhere stored on their shelve?

Thanks for your input! really want to trick this one.. it's one of the last things i have outstanding on the car. (have a faulty CD player as last issue to work on)

Marc.

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

Here's an inexpensive process to try, although of course if the strut/shock is inop it won't help, but it is worth trying: First clean the connection at the strut/shock. Then, with car off and the strut/shock disconnected, push the car down to move the strut/shock through its normal range. Then plug it back in.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Here's an inexpensive process to try, although of course if the strut/shock is inop it won't help, but it is worth trying: First clean the connection at the strut/shock. Then, with car off and the strut/shock disconnected, push the car down to move the strut/shock through its normal range. Then plug it back in.

Thanks for that Bruce.

However, when i looked, there is a sensor (looks like a mini shock if you like) but i cannot disconnect that connector, this is soldered inside the casing and the cable goes underneath the car.

Am i looking at the wrong thing then?

Thanks

Marc.

....Is it safe to assume the sensor is actually faulty and needs replacement?

I have been looking at the sensor and can't see where to disconnect the cable, it goes under the car and from that point i can't seem to track it.. no idea where it's going or where it enters the car.

Do i need to disconnect it at the computer module or is there a connector somewhere halfway which would make it easier to replace the part?

There will be a connector somewhere between the sensor and the module. You just have to crawl under there and follow the correct wire harness until you locate the proper connector. I have no experience with your year model, but my '98 has suspension related connectors clipped to the inboard surface of the rear lower control arms.

While you are doing that, eyeball the entire harness for damage and the connector for corrosion or oxidation. You could have a failed position sensor or you could have a damaged harness. The harness would be easier to repair.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Ok Thanks guys, will get myself dirty and crawl underneath the car..

Will obviously let you know the outcome

Ok Thanks guys, will get myself dirty and crawl underneath the car..

Will obviously let you know the outcome

Hi guys,

Finally this evening i had the chance to look for the connector.

I found it and cleaned it but it was actually really clean already.

Did the trick Bruce described above but no luck.

No codes at all until i drive a few yards and then s063 comes up again. :(

Trusting on the fact that the onboard computer is correct i'm in need of a new sensor.

So.... i'm in for a new or one with experience.

Trouble is, these things are quite hard to find around here.

Any suggestions on websites where i can order those things? or maybe a scrapyard who sends internationally that you know off?

Thanks for your input folks.

Marc.

edit:

Bruce, just read trough the above post again, and there you say to clean the connector at the strut/shock.

I've been looking at that little mini shock thing all the time.

S063 position sensor fault.... has this to do with the big shock/strut? e.g. have i been looking at the wrong thing all the time?

Ah, I thought we were talking about a problem in the strut/shock, not a sensor. Sorry if I confused things. I think you would have to go into the shop manual for diagnostics on how to tell if the sensor is bad.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I just ordered a service manual via Ebay.

Will take a week or so before i get it i suppose.

Thanks again guys!

Marc.

i've had the same s063 error code for the last year on my 93 sts. i have not felt any performance or handling difference. the main inconvenience is hitting the display button at start up. on cold days, i don't get the error message. i would also like to know how to remedy this since it is the only issue with my car aside from the half case leak.

As soon as i have the service manual (in about 1 or 2 weeks i guess) i will start troubleshooting it and post the outcome here.

Archived